Common Market

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Palmer Eldritch, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I like hip hop just fine, as long as its intelligent and got sweet beats and grooves. Roots, Aesop Rock, Asheru, Mos Def that sort of shit. Well I just came across Common Market, out of Seattle. RA Scion and Sabzi comprise Common Market I'm not sure how known the group is, I'm not of that scene, but it is fuckin good and I suggest fans of the same style of hip hop should do the same.

2. yeah I got the Common Market CD a few weeks back its dope, I'll check out Asheru as I listen a lot to the other artists u mentioned.

check out Akir - Legacy, similar sort of thing, great beats + flow

3. If you like Aesop Rock, you should check out other artists on the Definitive Jux label. My favorite would be Cannibal Ox. Their beats are raw, and they have great lyrics. That's what hip-hop is all about.

I'll check out Common Market....sound's interesting.

4. El-P my friend, El-P.

5. forgot about this thread. good suggestions

6. El-P is such a sick producer. I love what he does with beats.

7. Not only are his beats some of the most innovative and sickest out right now, but his flow is just as remarkable. If you haven't already, check out his older shit with Company Flow. Simply mind blowing.