Commercials

Discussion in 'General' started by Tribe66, May 13, 2014.

1. Does anyone else like commercials? I like them because you can see what our society is like and how it has changed.

2. They don't influence me at all, and I find them rather annoying.

3. Some commercials are creative.

Most are trash. 

4. Commercial gives me time to use my phone in between shows but I mostly DVR and skip or use Netflix

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 Hazy Ghost, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Yeah it shows how materialistic our society is.  9/10 commercials are for selling you something, which is either a car or a cell phone, and the other 1/10 is about some drug that has caused horrible consequences and how you're entitled to compensation.

6. Commercials are annoying unless they are showing boobies and butts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If it is a barometer of society...Drugs have taken a new hold on it.

Anti-drug commercials have changed dramatically since back in the day. :cool:

8. Nope. I'm tired of having ads in my face 24/7. Hell, yesterday I hit the home button on my phone and a full screen ad popped up for some bullshit game. I kept pressing home and it wouldnt work until I pressed the X at the top of the ad. Then it took me like 20 mins to find what app was doing it, which was hard because every fucking app asks for push ad permissions. Fuck ads, they're getting sneakier. Sometimes adblock doesn't even catch them.

9. YES!! I love advertising. I believe most of these producers were either stupid drunk or incredibly smart. Sometimes I have a hard time reading when its aimed toward attention deficiency retards. The commercials have gone down in quaility and creativity. Only a select few nail it every time or a brand figure does stuff, Gieco animals, etc. I hate when its stupid stuff.
    The SuperBowl commercials dropped off significantly and how fun is it when you see them a week before the game anyways?
    Whats something you see?

10. Commercial free since 2010. Thank you god for streaming devices.

Hulu and it's ads can go to hell though.

Only time I see commercials now are blips of commercials in documentaries that the documentary is probably making fun of.

And Billboards.. Can't miss billboards

11. I see what society is branded as with the time periods they were made in. It's like a time capsule