Comments on this bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by toke it up1986, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I am thinking of purchasing this bong, i have been looking for something that is perc'd and has ice notches and this is 4.2mm glass. I have a few local head shops but they are way over priced and this is under 50$ with a ashcatcher so i think its a good deal. comments please?:smoke:

Percolator Bong Black - Black Leaf - Dutch - Grasscity.com

2. You get what you pay for bro. A good friend of mine shattered his Black leaf from setting it down on the coffee table.

3. i am thinking of getting the same bong dude :D but i'm a little worried about the 4.2 mm glass myself, as the guy stated above about his friend breaking it...i think if you are careful with it, it should be fine.

4. Yeah, you just have the be carful with cheap chineese glass. If you decide to get it, besure to find a soft pad or cloth to put it on. You could spend another 30 bucks and get a quality american SYN.

5. hey Grizz...did you ever hit the bong before that?...or did it just break if so was it a good hit?...cause honestly a perc with a/c and diffuser for 45 is pretty damn tempting

6. i have a 4mm weed star and ive knocked it over a dozen times and it still hasnt broken but ive only knocked it over on carpet while it was on the carpet

7. I wouldnt even say thats a good value buy, because when you break it, and you most likely will break something with that many thin points, you will end up spending more money in the long run for a replacement. Not to mention the drag on a piece like that.

do what no one has regret, get a better investment.

8. ive seen some pretty dragless perc bongs idk how that thing would hold up though, but im sure its better then a weedstar anyday

9. Yeah i did. It was quite draggy, but nothing unmanageable. 45 bucks sounds super cheap now, but if you will read around here, you will read tons of horror stories with cheap chineese glass. But if thats all the dough you have to throw down, its better than a can or some plastic piece.

10. exactly what i was thinking.. i looked at the bong, and was like oh black leaf must be shit. then noticed 4.2 thickness + tree arm + an ash catcher + coloring on the glass + a swirly worked section.. all for 45 bucks.. how do they even afford to put that out? could it be possible they use some other type of glass than pyrex? like some super shit? like what the fuck all that for 45?

11. how many times are you going to post this threaD?

12. They can afford to do this because they are mass produced in china, and use cheap materials, and somtimes shotty work. Beakers from china are especially notorious for having really thin points on the bottom.

13. I have a china piece, its a black leaf in fact, I'm in total love with it. But ye, mines a beaker and you can tell the thickness is not consistant where the beaker section is wider at the bottom but I doubt that it will be any concern to me in the future. Mine is virtually perfect as far as the construction of the dome perc. Its straight, symmetrical and doesnt have uneven cuts in it. But theres no way to say that the one you recieve will be as nice as mine due to chinese glass having poor quality control. anyways heres a vid of my china piece:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2HxgRBVki8]YouTube - Beaker Bong Milkshot[/ame]

14. If your looking for a cheap bong, that's probably fine. But always nice to invest in nicer pieces if you have the money.

15. You'll be happy with it if you buy it, just be REALLY careful with it. I've had 2 Black leaf tree percs smash on me now, VERY fragile. But when they're working, they hi perfectly.

16. the drag on that thing can kill a man

17. alright heres my opinion on bongs: theyre an investment. they are, aside from a vaporizer, the most expensive and elite way to smoke weed. sure, you can get bowls and bubblers that are crazy expensive, but bongs are generally the most expensive of all smoking devices. with that being said, i dont think its a good idea to buy a cheap piece just because its cheap. sure, a bong with perc and an ac for $45 is fucking amazing, but so is a $400 1991 chevy cavelier with 198,000 miles on it. its cheap yea, but its certainly not a BUY or a VALUE. a VALUE is when you get something thats worth more for less money. that bong is worth exactly what youre paying. so dont let a cheap price fool you into thinking youre getting a great deal. basically youre getting a piece that took no time and no money to assemble and being chraged $45 for it.

basically you gotta ask yourself a few questions before you purchase this bong

1. how careful am i going to be with this bong? like the guy said above here, and i can totally vouch that its true, you set a china made glass bong down the wrong way on a table, its gonna break, you accidentally tip it over, even on carpet, you run the risk of breaking it. if youre the kind of person that cares for your pieces like they were your children, then breakability isnt an issue

2. how badly do i need a diffuser/precooler/perc? can you forgo all that stuff and just buy a really decent glass bong with a little more thickness? i spent $350 on my roor, no diffused downstem, no ashcatcher, nothing fancy and it hits like a dream. sure, theyre nice to have, but in my opinion, shouldnt be a deal sealer

3. am i going to be happy with this bong? i mean $45 is $45, its no chump change. if youre gonna spend any money at all on a bong it should be on something youre gonna love and be 100% satisfied with. if youre getting this bong just cuz its cheap and you want a bong, youre not gonna be happy. china made pieces are draggy, and overall dont provide as clean or as good of a hit as decent glass.

basically, i think you should save up a little more dough, probably around $90-$110 and visit a local headshop. you can haggle prices there and end up with a really decent glass bong that you will be much much happier with than this thing. again, im not trying to sound like a snob here, but basically if youre gonna get a bong, its gotta be of decent quality or else youre just wasting your money.

18. chinese pieces are just protos of better brand glass just thinner, uglier and cheaper.

hits no different. (inless your talking percs then FUCK NO!)

i wont buy a perc bong inless im getting something up there.

19. I would buy another Black Leaf tube like I had. It was 50cm with a single tree perc. I actually loved it! It was completely my fault, it smashed when I dropped it against a bathroom sink.

But yeah, the $50 or so I paid was a great price. It gave awesome percd hits, and I miss it.