comments on the setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shackleford, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ok well a friend of mine has got me smokin and rather than blowin the little money that i have i think im gunna try growin. i have a 5gal.+- a gal. or 2 and ive covered the walls with aluminum foil and have a flourescent light which ive yet to check the specifications of. But i was wondering if these would allow me to grow im gunna grow in a closet and i can get soil and fertilizer from my local nursery. But do you believe ill be able to grow the ambient temperature is usually around 72degrees farenheit. and i can get the seeds off of a person i know who sells and out of dimes and dubs i get. is there anything i should know or do to better my chance at getting it to grow and produce?:confused:

2. You need to research ventalation, it's one of the most important things!! The correct light spectrum needs to be used, which is easy to do with fluoros, and the photo period must be correct. A PH test kit will be essential to test water quality. A thermometer and hygrometer will also be very useful. But most of all, buy a grow book!

3. Well Mr.Rusty Shackleford,

you have a long way ahead of you.. Find the specs. on that bulbs and look for 6500K or 2700K this will tell you the light spectrum as mentioned above. You want 6500K bulbs for Vegging (the first part of a plants life) and 2700K for Flowering (the second half of a plants Life) You will want to find these bulbs in as high of wattage as you can find, which would probably be 26+ wattage.

4. I can get litmus paper with ease and was planning on fanning it in the closet ive yet to put the soil in the tank but was just wondering if such a small tank would still allow me to grow even if the plant will either be near on hitting the ceiling at 18 inches the tank has a thermometer on it and why do i need to monitor the humidity i cant raise it with ease i have co2 tanks which i think are 20oz from my old paintball gun i read that co2 levels when raised will help growth so what should i do in your opinion? sorry if i am naggy but im a complete beginner ive just got hooked and would rather grow than buy and maybe sell plants or weed itself to make some extra money ok the light is 15watt cool white and thats all i could get off the light so should i go up to my local hardware store and get some new flourescents and a fan?also will worms in the soil help the growing any since they basically constantly fertilize the soil and i can go to a look fishing store and get 30 worms which i know can sustain in the enviornment of 70-80degrees farenheit and with nearly constant lighting so should i when i grow put worms in?

5. 1)I beleive those Litmus papers only tell you whether its a base or acidic solute, not specifics like 5.3,6.4.,7.2 Etc..

2) CO2 from a paintball gun will not adjust your humidity, nor will it be able to help the plants unless you have a valve to control the flow of it.

3) Yes, you will need new lights. 15 Watts is not nearly enough and its just a waste of one socket no offence.

4) I don't kno about the worms, my buddy was tryen to tell me this yesterday but I have no clue whether its true or not..

5) If this is what you mean, 18 inches is not enough room to grow a full plant, and if i also understand your tryin to grow in the fishtank then you have to cover the glass cause light exposure to the roots is very bad for the growth.

6. ok i might wait to find a better place to grow then

7. Yep, thats probably your best bet.. Better luck next time :)!

8. are there anyways i could grow like sog but only one plant since i dont want a huge yeild just something for me and sometimes my friends maybe sell some on the side and something short with out the strong skunk smell of marijuana

9. basically is there any plant with not such a strong odor a moderate to high yeild that doesnt grow that tall and is easy to grow like big bud or does it have a strong odor i was looking at some seed banks and it was listed as indoor and having a yeild of 300gram/sqare meter which where i come from if it yeilded that much id make somewhere in the range of $3000 at $10 a gram or dime so would that be good for what i have since its only listed to grow to about 45cm which is aproximatley 18in+-1in:confused: is there anywhere to get the seeds for cheaper than 35euros cause thats nearly$70 us and i dont want 10 plants but rather 1 or 2 since i could put a 2nd tank i have in my closet of the same size but its back to the height and smell ill go measure from the surface of the shelf to the ceiling...... 20inches and the tank is 20.5x10.75x13 (LxWxH) which is 52.07x27.305x33.02 (LxWxH) in cm and from shelf to ceiling 50.08cm

10. I lost you when you started putting those numbers in.. you need to rethink your grow room first.

1) that yeild would be with a basically perfect environment

2) that is probably its weight when it is still wet and fresh off the plant, I beleive you lose like 80%+ of that weight after its been cured and hung.

11. ok the numbers are of the grow space and i know that id lose some weight in the yeild and my yeild probally wouldnt be so great but the plant is listed as 8-9weeks flowering period and 40-55cm height which my grow room could sustain at 50cm in height so itd work but i need to know if the smell is strong and the other numbers were the demensions of the fish tank but yea i have it on the top shelf in a closet with 50cm for the plant to grow from the surface of the shelf to the ceiling and is there anywhere cheaper that i can get seeds i know grasscity sells em 25$usd for ten seeds but do they ship us? and i have no credit card so im prolly gonna get stuck with seeds from a bag which were grown outside and have a tall plant do you think i should ask my hookup to ask his guy if he can get some specific big bud seeds and if you only have 2 plants what would happen and whats the difference between male and female sorry but im kinda new and have a lot of stupid questions has anyone grown big bud and if so how big did it get and how strong was the smell i know id prolly end up with a yeild of like 12grams a plant after dried and cured but thats 12dime bags down here which go for $10 a piece so $120 and is it possible to buy less than 10 seeds i know amersterdam marijuana seeds sells 10 seeds of big bud for nearly $45 and thats way more expensive than here but theyll take cash and send us no questions asked but will it get through customs? and is it worth it? where do you recomend growing i live with my parents sadly still since the college is close to home and dont want to pay for a dorm so i have limited space i have a closet which i currently talking about and an attic which is opened once a year but reaches the 100f plus in summer due to lack of insulation and other than that i have no where really i can grow in peace without the worry so yea i have the closet and some money but dont want to blow it on seeds or get caught mailordering seeds so what should i do?

12. use spaces, commas, periods, and start a new paragraph every once in a while pally

i havnt read anything you posted because its far too complicated to understand. people dont want to feel like they are doing work to answer your questions.

13. Well, I read it and im sorry to say it but I really don't think your even ready to grow.. you got to many questions and you seem very lost.. If your saying you have 50 centimeteres to grow, think about that..

your pot will take up half of that if not more, and your lights will take up the rest leaving you with little room to grow.. I think you need to move out first..

14. ok first go read mr.postmans grow journal it has all u need to grow a fifteen inch plant with flouros. he got at least an o from each plant
    look into lst, fimm, topping to keep your plant short.
    i dont think you even need a ventalation fan if your in and out of the grow room a couple times a day.
    mine is doing fine.
    also SCRoG is a good way to maximize your feild but may be a little complicated
    try searching for these and it should help you
    peace:cool: