coming out of the (pot) closet

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stonedmagnolia, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hi, all. I am new to the forum and wanted to tell you a little about me and my interests.

I am in my late forties and just started smoking four years ago. I smoked now and then in junior high/high school but didn't like it much. I started partaking at the urging of my medical majiuana advocate son-in-law. As I said, I am in my late forties and am in what I like to call the orthepeodic stage of my life and he thought it might help. It did and does, but I'll talk about that in another forum.

General interests: becoming a writer, Springsteen, music of all kinds, reading, thinking, my kids and grandkids, caregiver issues, politics on a VERY general level, current events, human stupidity, gay rights/human rights, alternative medicine, never getting married again, satire....lots more but that is the gist of "me".

I'll be seein' you,

The Stoned Magnolia (but you can call me.....whatever!)\t\t\t\t

2. :wave:

I the same way. When I was younger smoking affected me differently then how it does now.

3. wonder why that is...must be a brain chemistry thing...but also I have found that since I smoke on a very regular basis, some of the unpleasant side effects have gone away, the paranoia, uncontrollable munchies (yes, I still get them but I am more inclined to eat reasonably and more healthy, the giggles...and I think that has something to do with enjoying it more now that back then...could also be that the older I get the less I care about what people think,