Coming out of the closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JoshuaE, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Hey guys just getting around to starting a journal. I will fill in the blanks as we go along 20190709_101405.jpg 20190709_101354.jpg 20190711_000932.jpg 20190711_001023.jpg
    Now I'm in the middle of my 3rd grow here we will be flowering 2× Incredible bulk and 2× Banana hammock rbx1 from Ethos using far red initiation I will run 13.5/10.5

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thought the thread title was funny.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thisisgonnabefun :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lmao seen the title and thought somethin totally diff.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Glad to have you along

• Like Like x 1
  7. Like a YouTube video that promises titties but there are none. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. Here for the show

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Far red initiation is a practice of putting your plants to sleep faster by using far red light at the end of the light cycle.
    It will allow me to run these photo period plants in flower at 13.5/10.5 instead of the regular 12/12 the idea being more light = more bud. Follow along. I'm about to start I'm just keeping an eye on my timers making sure they are doing what they are supposed to only be another day or two

• Like Like x 4
  10. What is using a far red light? I’m not familiar with that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do u use qb light? Have u seen the qbs with the added deep reds? Kinda works the same except with those u cant turn the light off and reds stay on

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've got some far red LEDs I attached to my lights and they will come on 5 minutes before lights out and they will stay on for an additional 10 minutes after the main lights are off.
    The far red puts them to "sleep " a state that would normally take an hour and a half to reach. Here's a little article on it
    How to Boost Bud Production with the FAR RED Flower Initiator

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yeah I'm using the qb 96s I added a couple qb 3 they are the far red 20190707_233000.jpg 20190707_233030.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ok i was askin foxymel homie lol but yeah im gonna check em out as u go man,,i already know the point of those setups but always fun to watch another do their thang

• Like Like x 2
  15. A little back story before we get started.
    These plants are all close to 6 weeks old.
    I have topped them at the 3rd cleared the lowest one leaving 2 mains that I then trained each of just like an 8 top manifold for a total of 16 on each plant I've tied , tucked, and supercropped them to keep them level so far so good no deficiencies it's been a solid veg.
    The incredible bulk is a heavy feeder it's getting 700ppm feeds twice a day and I still wish it was a darker green. The banana hammock rbx1 is more what you would expect at 500ppm they are taking the light really well also 40,000lux 600ppfd at the end of veg here and we will be going up every chance we get from here on out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Also, 1 gallon fabric containers coco dtw using Canna nutes and MegaCrop two different ones because I'm mixing 2 different batches anyway and I plan on switching to MegaCrop when the Canna runs out. I just started the MegaCrop but it is easy to work with so far . I really like Canna but they are expensive .
    As far as my setup I'm in a 2'×3' closet with 2 qb 96v2, 6" Ac infinity S series with carbon filter, automated watering system, I have worked hard tuning this space in and I have solid environmental control and more potential power than can be used in the space.
    I should mention I battle extreme humidity here so some numbers may be higher than ideal but we will be fine
    We will be getting started here very soon.
    Thanks for tuning in

• Like Like x 3
  17. I was able to find a 2 channel timer, I set my times and have been watching to make sure it keeps the schedule .
    It has been perfect. So we will be flipping the switch in 2 days, I will give them all a good haircut tonight and then on to the show 15629350601764959022655674708500.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. What timer did you go with?

19. Here it is Outlet Timer, NEARPOW Dual... www.amazon.com/dp/B07H1D267F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
    It's big and clunky looks like it was delivered straight from 1982 but seems to work well and is easy to program

• Like Like x 2