Coming out of retirement..... New Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Baron Von Hooti, May 4, 2007.

1. hey thanks for the comments.

yah the burn you see if actual burn not nute burn. with all of the stretching they were right in a hot spot 3'' away from the bulb itself. that's been there for about 2 weeks.

good eye though, I'll keep a good eye on my nute mix regardless

2. baron, i'm new to grasscity and stumbled upon your grow. i'm new to the green growing, but i noticed your mycellium cakes. vermiculite and brown rice flour? i used birdseed and then make bricks with worm castings/wheat straw great results. i'm thinking about grabbing a closet and setting up a similar system soon. can't wait to see the final shots.

3. looking really nice so far man, it looks like you know what you are doing. +rep

4. Day 43

Oh what I would do for a carbon filter :)

hehe, it's so warm here lately we have to keep the house sealed up in the day to keep the heat out, but the smell in....... it's only bad when the house is sealed.

that main cola I keep taking pictures of (really the only bud I can get a clear shot of) is reallllly starting to thicken up, quite dense.

Checked the trichs last night, just starting to fog, thinking about flushing soon. Tough to say when it's your first experience with a strain though

Attached Files:

5. wow, i know nothing about growing, and i'm new to grasscity, but this is fucking inspirational. :hello: WOW

6. Day 47

The flush begins today! I checked the trichs and I think they will be harvested in about a week. I can't wait to get them out of there and see some REAL bud shots. The way they are situated I can only really focus on a couple buds but there is many I tell ya.

Looking good though, I'll try to get a reference shot with a Bic for that big ass bud.

Attached Files:

7. Dood, you're grow is fucking sick. So that smells up your whole house? Damn, that is some fire.

8. Damn baron, loooking reallll good. Those things are really stuffed in there eh, hugging that glass :). Hopefully my grow comes along as well as your past scrog

9. damn man. i cant wait to see how much weight u pull off those bitches.

10. Hey everyone!

Well I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news - harvest went smooth, everything is drying now.

Bad news - while I was taking pictures of everything I dropped my camera :(

it will be awhile till it's fixed and I can get them up, but I'm going to try and borrow a friends and get them up soon!

11. Use a phone camera or something, I wanna see this :)

Fill us in on the dried weight and smoke update

12. What's up ? I like your growbox- How many plants are you going to grow at a time in that space ?
    I'm curious, because I am in the works of hollowing-out a wooden dresser to turn into a grow box, and I was planning on trying to grow 2-at-a-time in it.
    I'm alittle new to the whole growbox thing, so I've been bouncing around this site to try and find information and ideas...
    BUT my biggest concern with growing is the odor. I have my own place, and it's small, and i don't need weed-odor to blow my cover. I've had a few people tell me it's worth investing in an O-Zone generator to knock odors out..And I've also had people tell me that odor is not a major concern if ventilation and airflow is done correctly...
    I'm extremely curious b/c the size of my growbox is very similar to your setup, Von Hootin

13. nice lookin plants baron! I was curious about what seeds these were. Are they just bagseed? thanks
    peace

14. cant wait to see some dried budshots!

15. YA man just read your thread, VERY nice box you got there. I like it. May setup something like that for my grow coming up this fall. Get that damn camera working. Whats the total weight?

16. Hey everyone.

The total bone dry weight is exactly 3oz. I'm pretty happy with that, the biggest bud was just over 14g, then there are 3 others weighing 10-12g.

I was reallllly hoping to SCROG it next time, that way I'm confident I can pull out at LEAST 4oz, but my source to get clones fell through. When you grow from seed in an enclosed space it's tough to maximize your yield, however if I SCROG a clone then you're really going to see a show.

Can anyone help a brother out with a clone? ;) I had someone mail me one before and it was perfect.

In regards to a smoke report I'm yet to smoke it, want it to cure a bit, should be smoking some today though. I did smoke some scissor hash when trimming and a little tiny blade hoot got me BAKED.

The seeds were from a friend over the net, I believe it was a hashplant cross.

I'll try to post those pics today, thanks all for following along!

And wolf, yes smell is a concern. Ventilation will only efficiently move the smell through the box. Now if you exhaust the ventilation outside, then your problem can be solved. If you're worried about odor, you need to invest in some odor control.

17. ill mail you a clone when i get some... if you can wait a month ill clone you my best plant from my grow.

also, you mention odor... was it a big issue? i know ill have to deal with making sure every little scent of plants is gone from my room while growing, but did you use some sort of filtration system at all? i was considering using a makeshift carbon filter, but i know i wont have that all set up til later on...

just wondering since i also have a grow box and ive never used it so i have no idea how bad its gonna smell... but pretty bad i assume from my last indoor.

18. Looking good baron! As for odor control in the posts immediately above mine, there's a nice little option that goes for about 100 bucks. It's an active carbon filter/fan combo. Should work fine for small cabinet/closet grows. www.airreactor.com it's called the "mighty might" or something like that (whatever lol).

http://www.airreactor.com/prod_mx120.htm

I have no idea how long one carbon fill lasts, but the carbon itself is inexpensive.

19. nice grow man, I just read that entire thread in lke 20 minutes, I have a ? about "the other grow" did u use the dunk and roll method before birthing the cakes?? what strain is it, I have some b+ I innoculated bout 4 days ago, also for the terrarium did u use the perlite humidity method?? and did u put the cakes directly on the perlite in the terrarium, and did u have an O2 pump? as for my plants, elvis is alive hes in my basement , he changed his last name from presley to diesel, but thats to keep the people guessing, nice grow peace, ohh ya I like to keep my mushies in the grow room because they push out some serious CO2, natures co2 tank

20. no, I just birth them in a dish of soaked verm, then put about an inch of verm on top that I constantly keep soaked. they get just as much water into them that way. It's B+, my favourite strain. Yep the perlite humidity method, and no I just fan the terrarium.