Come to Florida! (need tips selling vacation packages)

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, Apr 11, 2009.

1. First off I'd like to point out that no one really likes their dinner or any part of their day being interrupted by a telemarketer, but some people buy the stuff otherwise there wouldn't be any in business.

My sister is starting a business selling vacation packages to various Florida destinations and she is asking me for help with the various scripts. She wants "sizzler" lines, whatever that means. I'm guessing she means catchy lines that keep people on the phone. I'm usually quite the marketing/advertising wiz, but I got a bit of a mental block going on and maybe we can toss some ideas back and forth and get this ball rolling.

2. "FLORIDA... we got hot bitches, hot beaches, and lots of good coke."

That'll sell a hundred shares right THERE. :cool:

3. So basically I was told sizzle lines are things to say to keep the person on the line... not really a rebuttal, but just something to keep their attention.

When the person is about to hang up, sizzle lines are things that keep the conversation "sizzling."

4. Ok, lets requote it then to work your way...

Person: Goodbye...
    You: WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,, we got hot bitches, hot beaches, and lots of good coke...

Now would you like to reconsider

Person:__________________________

5. theres a new law in florida where every vacationer gets $10,000 in free drugs and hookers.

really, i cant really say anything positive about florida. i hate living here honestly..

6. i dunno man... im creative and usually good with shit like this... but honestly, there isn't a single line that would keep me on the phone for anything like that.

Usually the best way to keep people on the phone is by offering a seemingly incredible price for whatever your offering. Usually the price ends up jacked up by the end, and thats part of keepin people on the phone, while u keep raising the price while still keeping their interest.

and make sure you pronounce names right. My last name is always screwed up, and thats when i usually give the seinfeld line "hey I'm busy right now. Why don't you give me your number, and i'll call ya back later. Oh, you don't like being bothered during your free time? Well now ya know how i feel"

7. How about something like:

"If there's ever been a time to take a vacation, that time is now. Don't you agree, Mr./Ms. _____?"

8. Sounds too set up.

You want something more personal.

"I'm not going to try to give you all the smoke and mirrors like everyone else likes to do. Its a tough time right now and I can offer you a wonderful family get away to Florida for a price that won't break your bank."

9. i like. honest. casual. friendly. doesnt sound like a trap. Id still hang up, but that would deffinitely keep some on the line... its very.... unthreatening. You don't sound like a telemarketing predator souped on getting a commission; thats what you want to avoid

10. a lot of drug dealing around me, goin down in DADE COUNTY!

11. Wow that's actually pretty damn good... keep em coming.

12. Sorry man but I'm not going to help you bug innocent people with telemarketing bullshit by forming "sizzler" lines for you... Tell your sister to lay off the amphetamines for a bit before she gets another hair brained idea.

13. *cough*

Where's my commission :rolleyes:

14. Do you take reps?

15. If by reps you mean guap and if by guap you mean bankroll and if by bankroll you mean cashflow and if by cashflow you mean money, then yes, yes I do take reps. :cool:

16. [​IMG]

Florida, home of Tony motherfucking Montana.

17. Okay... now apparently I need to think of all the things they could negatively say about that and come up with rebuttals...

18. them:"fuck you jackass, don't call my house again"
    you:"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was calling a fucking asshole, burn in hell mother fucker"
    them:"what did you just say to me? :mad:"
    you:"Now that you're all pissed off, you could really use that vacation, eh?" :rolleyes: