Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Come teach me about hash

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rengaw, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hey everybody so ive smoked different kinds of hash like bubble hash, full melt, hash oil, and everytime i have i just used it as a bowl topper but i hear about people using a "HASH" pipe, which im not sure what that is, or a vaporizing bong attachment? what? So heres my question to all of you hash folks....What types of hash are there, whats the difference between them and what are the techniques you use to smoke it and the differences between the techniques.

Im especially interested in the hash pipe cuz i heard it gets you super high.
    Thanks in advanced everyone

2. Bump for the young padowan

3. Well I dont know all that much about hash eithers but I have smoked it in a regular pipe but with a screen

4. There are several different types of hash that I know of and the way that they differ is in the way that they are made.

For starters, hash in and of itself is any form of concentrated trichomes (or the THC containing crystals you see on bud). Making hash is the process of seperating these trichomes from the plant matter.

The oldest and most common forms of hash involve physically beating on buds and trim to seperate those trichomes from the bud. The result is then heated and pressed to create what's known as Pressed Kief Hash. As far as I know, most foreign hash's like the afghan, moroccan, pakistani, etc hashs are made in this manner

Another popular form of hash is known as Bubble Hash or Ice/Cold Water Extracted Hash. This type of hash is produced by using cold water and ice to separate the trichomes from the plant matter. The trichomes are then filtered through several different sized screens with different grades of hash being harvested from each screen. This hash is famous for it's tendency to bubble when smoked, hence the term Bubble Hash. This type of hash can be broken down in terms of it's characteristics when smoked. A Full Melt hash is hash that completely melts when heat is applied. The same idea is applied to half and quarter melts.

The last form of hash that I know of is Hash Oil. Hash oil is produced by thc being chemically extracted using a solvent such as Isopropyl Alcohol, Butane, Hexane, or Acetone. The solvent is blasted through the buds or other normally less useful plant componants to produce an oil which is then purged of the solvent. The resulting product is usually then classified by it's texture. Oil, Budder, Wax, and Shatter are all terms to describe Hash Oil.

Hash oil is most often smoked using an oil rig which consists of a nail and dome. The nail is heated up using a torch and then, using a dabber tool, a small "dab" of oil is vaporized on the nail. Though this has been shown to be the most efficient way of smoking hash oil, topping a bowl of green with hash oil works almost as well.

As to what a hash pipe is, that could be one of two things. Either it's another name for an oil rig like the one described above, or, more likely, it's referring to a bowl that only has hash smoked out of it. If you done the latter with one of my bowls when I had a lot of access to hash, I can tell ya it's totally worth it because once you run out of hash, you can resin rip the bowl for days and it smokes and tastes like you're smoking straight hash.

Anywho that's what little I know about hash, hope it helped! :wave:

5. awesome man that was pretty informative, another question whats the most potent form of hash and is there a difference in potency in the different forms of oill

6. Usually hash oils are the most potent. The process chemically separate the THC way more efficiently than the other forms of hash. I've heard of hash oil thc content anywhere from %80-99%. From personal experience, I would say taking a .1 dab of some good oil will get ya about as high as a blunt to your face :smoking:

Concerning the different forms of oil, there's all sorts of debate as to which is the best but tbh I don't really know too much of the science off the top of my head.

7. awesome thanks, i have another question sir, regarding this "oil" rig do i make it or buy it or what?

8. You can buy them at many headshops just ask for concentrate tools or a dabbing rig. Or you can buy em online at GC (Concentrate Utensils and Dabbing Tools - Grasscity.com) or pretty much any other online headshop.

Here's a video I found on youtube of someone dabbing so you get the principle.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALm8__epIl4]Dabs OG Budder With Mr Glass - Micro Toro Big Circ To Circ To Circ Micro Toro 15 Arm To Circ - YouTube[/ame] (skip ahead to like 1:10)

9. awesome man and is the rig just for oil variantion or all hash variations and can i use all oil variations, and is that what you use and if you do would you recommend me picking one up and to start picking up more oil than bud, thanks

10. I made a hand-rubbed charas last harvest.

To me hash is old-school.
    Oils, solvents, honey, shatter, QWIso are something else. . . . .

11. you can always just put a little patty of hash or melt some oil on a bowl packed with weed, it really conserves bud too.
    but if you already have a bong i would say buy an oil dome with a skillet, theyre pretty affordable and available at any headshop ive been to

12. hey everyone i have another question, regarding caviar how does it rank is it better than oil? and can i use the rig for caviar? thanks