Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Come tax time, should I buy or grow?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by carrotcake, Nov 13, 2011.

1. I'm still looking into the whole shebang of growing my own weed, so I was curious about a few things in the meantime.

Come February, or whenever taxes come back, should I go buy a half lb of some dank weed or buy growing equipment? I'm willing to spend up to $2k, so I'm just curious what you guys think.

2. Grow. Definitely grow.

3. Grow! Check out what I did with ~120 bucks in my sig.

4. It does depend on how much you smoke

5. Dude, it's $2000. You can do both.
    But, if you're going to grow, you're going to have to be serious about it, because it's basically useless if you grow your weed like shit.
    You'll still have some money left over to buy a good amount of dank.

6. #8 carrotcake, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    I'd say around a quarter to half oz a week, being fairly conservative.

Heh yeah. I'm not saying I will spend all of that, but it's what I'm willing to work with. I would be serious about it. I'm about to spend the next 3 years cramming college in. Meaning, no job. Just school and studying, leaving time to care for the grow. Also, I have a couple months to learn on growing and making a set-up.

wykyd_green, I will be reading through that. Thanks!

7. so lets do the math,
    No idea what prices for dank in your area are but i'll work with the prices we get here
    QP=650
    Half pound, 1100-1300( depending
    some areas you can get a full pound for 2000 or less
    so lets say you get a full pound if you can
    500 grams right.
    so 7 grams a week
    52 weeks in a year
    so if you smoked a Quarter a week, you would have more then enough to last a year

8. #10 carrotcake, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    Damn, that's pretty crazy. But if I wanted to help my friends, that would drastically drop. But I'm assuming you're on the buy side?

9. No these are street prices dude, i get mine from growers for much cheaper for medical uses,
    and if you were to try to make "extra" money on the side, then put half of that money away, that way if you ever need to buy more you have that money waiting for you