Combining the types of lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by couchlocked911, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hey guys this might be a dumb question but I was wondering if its okay to mix the types of lights to grow and if ppl did what were there results?

Right now I'm using one 300watt led and 200watt t5 on ten plants its working great so far but I wanted to add a 1000watt hps! Has anyone ever mixed the three? It would be great to hear from somebody that has done it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. hey couchlocked, I have never mixed 3 but i have t5's running along my wall & 1000w over head and it works great for lighting up the lower branches! I figure the more light the better! just my opinion

3. Yes do it, although there is a point of diminishing returns.  Why not start off with the hps and add light as needed?

That is a better way of doing it. If you have a 1000w hps, use that as your base and work around it. 
    I have had a 600w as the main light and then the equivalent of another 600 in cfl's around the grow space to get more even and direct light penetration,  worked great.