Combined N-P-K

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXSelfXx, Dec 14, 2012.

1. #1 xXSelfXx, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Hello good people of Grasscity! I recently finished my first successful grow, the bud turned out good. I got super stoned off of it, the only thing I didn't like was how light and fluffy it was. Anything I can do to correct this next time? My question is about combined NPK numbers. I just bought a digital soil analyzer and one of the functions is reading combined NPK. Does anyone use something similar to check their nutes and if so what combined NPK numbers do you use for the stages of Mary Jane? This is the analyzer I bought: Soil Tester

2. Did you use nutes and what soil did you go with? Nutes can help you get nice dense tight colas!

3. I used Miracle Grow Moisture Control, and GH Nutes. This grow I'm using Black Mushroom Compost and Perlite.

4. Ya stay away from miracle grow. It's no good. If you have to use it get organics choice. That's not a bad soil though. Might have to add manure later on for nitrogen. If you got $40 to spend by chance switch to fox farm nutrients. You can pick up their big bloom tiger bloom and grow big trio pack for $40 off amazon. It will increase your buds big time. I swear by that stuff. Also are you super cropping or using any advance grow methods by chance might be a good time to start playing around with them. They can increase yields density and size.

5. I have in the past (unsuccessfully) this was a new grow environment for me so I was cautious. How about that meter and it's "Fertility" rating for combine NPK?

6. Combined NPK is a reading that your soil has on the bag it stands for nitrogen phosphorus and potassium. Your npk ratio should be on the bag of soil you bough and whatever you mixed with it. So for instance when you buy soil and it has 25-10-9 that's 25% nitrogen 10% phosphorus and 9% potassium. (Just random numbers I selected so no one bust my balls on that). Basically your reading what the combined soil ratio is that you have and you want to try and keep it close to optimal range. Nutrients can adjust it And are labeled in the same way. It will always be changing due to your plants stage or cycle. For instance in veg you will want more nitrogen in veg so like 10-5-5 for that and 5-10-10 for flower or somewhere along those lines. Everyone has their own levels they shoot for and swear by ppm and ph is a big one that you might want to be reading along with this to keep from bad ph and over nutrienting and causing nute lockout or nute burn.

7. I get all of that, this meter has a "Fertility" number I don't think it gives you all 3 numbers for NPK.

8. A fertility number lol I have never heard of that. Lol sry man I thought you were asking about npk numbers my bad. All I can think is maybe its for seed starting.