Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Columbian Gold??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LS1KILR, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Anyone ever heard of a strain called "Columbian Gold"? I have heard that its the best weed in the world and then I heard it was extinct so im not sure...Anyone smoked some? Im just trying to figure out if this is a real strain or if its made up....

2. Never heard of it and it's not the best weed in the world.

3. It's probably one of those legendary strands from the 70's or 80's. Which is probably equivalent to todays average dank..maybe a little less.

4. I heard of it on the show drug years. this guy was talking about how he went to Columbia found this stuff than flew it back to america in a DC10

5. I've heard of it but idk anything else about it...

6. the guy who brought it back was named allen long and he brought back a few tons of it i saw pics and it looked more brown than anything it didnt even look that dank to be honest and not to be an asshole but he flew it in a DC-3 i read a book about it called "Smoke Screen" by robert sabaag its really good

7. i once got hooked up with some "columbian gold dro" probably not but that shit killed me

8. So they have the internet in heaven?

9. My dad apparently used to smoke it in the 70's.
    Or at least smoked something which a hippy dubbed "Columbian Gold".
    He said it knocked him on his ass.

However seeing as how the THC potency was lower back then...
    I can guarantee you it is nowhere close to being the best weed in the world.

10. Colombian Gold is one of the primo strains from the 1970's. Not all strains of the 70's are low potency, some of them are just as potent as the stuff today. Acapulco Gold is better then Colombian Gold in my opinion. Anyone have a chance to smoke both? They are both rare today.

11. man I want to smoke some sooo bad! I would feel like I was a real hippie!:smoking:

12. I have had the pleasure. Both are great, I give the nod to the Acapulco Gold, the columbian is a bit earthier tasting, but the AG is one of my favorite strains. It's like happiness you can smoke!

13. This is what we smoked back then. Indeed, the gold weed!

14. Stay Gold.

15. Yeah, my friends dealer carries Acapulco Gold and stuff crossed with Acapulco Gold. He grows and breeds. I got 15 Acapulco Gold seeds right now and I have no idea what to do with them because I don't grow.

16. Sit on em.

17. I remember having Acapulco and/or Colombian Gold a couple times. Compared to the typical "Mexican" back in the way it was exceptional, and beautiful- rich, potent full of flavor... like the diff between something that had been frozen and processed and something fresh and organic. It was awesome. But the sickest I had in those days was a black Colombian that was very dark and out of this world. Was it really from Colombia? Who knows, but it was mind boggling.

I believe there are strains around now that are as good, or even more potent. But why was it gold or red back then and why don't we see the golds anymore? The number of plants and seeds the growers must have had seem to make extinction seem unlikely... Just curious

18. yeah my dad says that columbian gold was some of the best he ever did in his time

19. the best weed ive ever had was himalian gold
    i dont know how to spell it its like the mountains
    feeling good:smoking: