coloured CFLs

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fishman3811, Apr 28, 2007.

1. anyone here use these coloured CFLs that you can buy?they come in blue and red just wondering?

2. i haven't but i would like to hear about this. my guess would be that it would be good to have a blue and regular one when you veg and the same when you flower but a red. the plant needs other colors of the spectrem too.

i hope this helped.
    peace

3. If your talking about the party ones I wouldn't bother since they are tinted reducing the lumens and they are 2700k still.You can get a high wattage CFL's in 14,000k and 25,000 k these seem like they would be real good for veg.You could also go to petco and get some aquarium fluorescents(14,000-18,000k about) they might be good for veg because of the spectrum, but they are weak like 20 watts a piece.

4. yeah guys it was just a thought.I thought maybe it would be like using red /blue LED lights so i was just wondering if anyone had tried them.Since my space is limited i cant experiment with them maybe once my kids have grown up ill be able too but by then something else will be out their to grow with.