Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado's GOV420 Ken Gorman Shot DEAD in Home INVASION

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TTipper39, Feb 19, 2007.

1. PLEASE JOIN ME in expressing our deepest sympathies to the Ken Gorman family. He will SURELY be missed.
    It is ironic that he personally told me following a foiled robbery attempt a few months ago, that there would NOT be another one (as he flashed a handgun). I was amazed at the time when Gorman told me that he had personally experienced more than ten robbery attempts over the years.
    (CBS4) DENVER A Denver man known as a pioneer in Colorado's medical marijuana community was shot and killed Saturday night after his house was broken into.
    Ken Gorman, an outspoken advocate for legalizing marijuana, grew pot in his home on the 1,000 block of South Decatur Street.
    Denver police said they are investigating the shooting, but were releasing few details Sunday afternoon. Family members told CBS4 Gorman was the victim in the crime.
    Last weekend, CBS4's Rick Sallinger did an investigation on Colorado's medical marijuana law that centered on Gorman. Gorman had recently been giving seminars on how to use the law to obtain the drug even if you aren't sick.
    Gorman was on Colorado's medical marijuana registry. He said he had been suffering chronic pain from bersitis.
    A CBS4 employee recently approached Gorman with a hidden camera and told him he only wanted marijuana to get high. Gorman then filled a form designating CBS4's employee as one of his caregivers.
    "When we passed the law we passed a great, great law," Gorman said to the CBS4 employee. "There are so many holes in it that for us, the patient, police can't do anything."
    Gorman was also the host of an annual large marijuana smoke-out at the state capitol. He once ran for the state's highest office, and earned the nickname, "the governor."
    Colorado is one of 11 states that has legalized the use of marijuana for medical reasons.
    http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_049181630.html

2. He lived brave and free.
    I spoke to him last week after the attack by CBS4. They didn't succeed in their assault, they never made their point.
    I also invited him to the "One Love" meeting. He would have enjoyed it. After all, his perssistant activism made such a meeting possible in Colorado.
    Another death from prohibition. The NeoNaz**, I mean NeoCons will point at marijuana as the culprit, with it's attendant violence. Not so. It was the perils of prohibition which ended Ken's bright run on this orb.
    He will be missed. Thanks Ken, Jeff Hemptopia.org

3. I smoked medical marijuana once. And i live in colorado . . .So hell. . . it mighta been that dudes bud. It was daaank to.

4. Bad karma to those who killed Ken. Shame on you

5. Rest in peace man. :(Ill smoke one for ya whenever I can get ahold of some...The guy who shot him better hope that the cops find him before one of us does.:devious:

6. What you guys think this wasn't from the goverment?

This guy was basically spitting in it's face and it got back to him.

God bless him for being such a brave man but on a country funded by corruption I can NOT say I didn't see this coming.