Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado Red card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AFMedic, Dec 29, 2012.

1. So I just moved to Colorado Springs and have my appointment for medical recommendation on Wen. does anyone know how long it takes for the state to approve and I can go to a dispensary? I'm about 99% sure I'll be approved do to my back problems I have from my years in the military, and the meds that I'm currently taking for pain control.

Thanks in advance

2. If you send your rec into the CDHE via certified mail, you can go to a dispensary that day. (with just temp paper work, you can ONLY go to a dispensary M-F, 9-5) Just make sure to take copies of your papers from your doc along with the little green certified mail slip, and a valid state ID to the shop every time. You should receive the red card certificate in about a month from when you sent the paperwork. Hope this helps.

3. I got mine in Oct. The Doc gives you temporary paper work once the doctor visit is over that can be used at a dispensary Monday-Friday I think 8-5. The temp paper work is good for I think 35 days then it expires and you should have your red card.

My red card was sent back by the postman for some reason and I have been waiting for 2 months now! I cant buy anything with the old temp card. So the moral of this story is if its getting close to the temp card expiration date STOCK UP ON MEDS!!!!

4. wow, I didn't realize I would get a temp card. That's great news, Thanks guys :)

5. I dont know if you have ptsd but White Widow is a great strain for that.

6. I do Bob, thanks for the heads up :) a little nervous to smoke again, been 20 years since I joined the Air Force. But I have to try something besides all the med they have me on now :( percocet and Ultram for pain. Effexor for PTSD/anxiety, and Trazadone for nightmares due to the PTSD :( way to much crap. figure I'll try something not made by men looking to make a profit :)

7. [quote name='"AFMedic"']wow, I didn't realize I would get a temp card. That's great news, Thanks guys :)[/quote]

It's more like your Notarized doctors recommendation. It's one or two pieces of regular paper.

8. I'm also a vet. Since its been so long, smoke a small amount first. For me when I started to smoke again a 1 hitters amount was perfect(still is). Getting to high right off the bat might not be a good experience.