Colorado Reality

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RedganjaDown, Jul 30, 2016.

1. image.jpeg
    My rent to the bank is less than $600 a month, plus I pay for my utilities of course. I like it here.
    But you're right. People need to work on staying in their "own state of prohibition". No one move to Colorsdo. You're ALL a burden to us. There. Is that better?

2. image.png Daily specials in SOCO

3. "Must at least claim to like Kim Kardashian" lmao.. Do you at least get to sample the weed to catch a buzz before saying that?

4. Some serious hateraid in here lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. My bad. Shouldn't have put thoughts into words. Sorry if I offended anyone.

6. If you plan on moving to Colorado do all these things:. Have a job before you get here, bring at least $3-5000, and be prepared for expensive everything. Black market weed, kind bud various, is $100 oz. Check Craigslist for an apartment and prices. Hell a expensive here!

7. You can't offend me. I was born offended.

8. It's only hard if you don't plan. Don't show up expecting handouts. Foods way cheaper than in Oklahoma and my mortgage is $400 less than rent was there. It's only tough if you don't prepare properly.

9. Wow, I didn't know it was expensive to live in Oklahoma!

10. #50 RedganjaDown, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    My rent was $1,000 and I never bought Bone in rib eye steak for $4.77 a lb., gas is about $0.06-$0.10 more maybe. Milk is always on sale. There's 5 grocery companies competing for the same SNAP money. Competitive as fuck pricing.
    For most it's the rents here that cause homeless people. How long can anyone live here paying $12-1500 per month?
    I could have never moved here under that guise. It's a Sour D day on my front porch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. probably as long as they are employed...that isn't a huge sum for gainfully employed adults.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #52 RedganjaDown, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    That's true, problem is w/o the right degrees or skill sets, it's tough af. It's like when everybody did the Grapes of Wrarh journey during the Great Depression. . All these jobs were in CA paying high wages. Flyers all around the US telling how you could make $1.25a day working the fields. So many showed up and were willing that the orchard and field owners only needed to pay $0.10 a day.
    So imagine 500 workers for 100 jobs and the wages being bid downward til the 100 chosen would do it for that $0.10 a day.
    Get an apprentice electrical or HVAC training and a person can live anywhere in CO they want.
    Also chemist, accountants and software coders for the cannabis industry
    People who can turn flower into oil are sought after.

13. If they make a life-uprooting decision without being properly prepared, then their failure to play is not the fault of the local environs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. As I stated I am a third generation Coloradan. I also am in a union apprenticeship program and I'm in my third year. I make $26 bucks an hour and still struggle. Not like I'm gonna be homeless struggle but it's difficult to save money because everything costs so much here. It has not always been like this. Before marijuana legalization people could afford to live off $15-20 an hour jobs and still have a decent quality of life.

15. It's good so far.

16. Damn!!!! I need to open shop there! $400/ounce!!!! That's some serious dough. Out here in California, people be trying to bargain for $80- $100 ounces. Ummmm no.

17. That's because is Cali you can get a medical marijuana card for having gas. Supply and demand

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Where in FL are u having such luck. Im sitting here with schwag thats about to go down the toilet where it most definitely belongs. My b day tmrroz and obviously its gonna suck without my bff mj.

19. Thanks

20. I live in a town where there are more bacon then people between ft pierce and stuart. Im also not in a position age wise and socially to go out and score so im up the blue green alge river with no paddle. Fuck