Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado pot Tourism And Foreigners?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TO711, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Hello Grasscity,

First time poster here and looking for some help. I'm from Canada and am planning to make a trip down to Denver for the summer and of course I do plan to shop at some dispensaries. I've done my fair share of research on the laws in Colorado regarding marijuana, I'm aware that since I'm not from Colorado I can only buy 1/4 oz as opposed to 1 oz, I am above the age of 21 so age restriction is not an issue, I still can't smoke anywhere in public, etc.

"Pot tourism" has become sort of a thing in Colorado ever since shops opened up in January but how accessible is it to foreigners (i.e. people not from the United States)? I can't seem to find any information on what ID shops will accept. So will dispensaries accept a Canadian passport (or any foreign passport for that matter) as valid identification for the purchase of recreational marijuana or do you have to be American to buy in Colorado?

2. Some shops even advertise, "anyone in the world who is over 21 can buy"

You just need a drivers license and that passport for backup maybe.

You'll get some regardless. No one is stopping you from going store to store if you feel like splurging.

Sent from my iPhone on the moon

3. I would love to make that trip as well but I would rather save my money for now, besides there is no shortage of bud around here.

4. #4 123burnthattree, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Everybody seems to be going to Denver this summer. Apparently I didn't plan right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thats as long trip for a bag of weed.

LOL PT Barnum was right.