Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado Patients Call to Action

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Ride4Life, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Now if you live in CO, you may have heard that our wonderful governor Bill Ritter is trying to dig into our application fees to help bail our state out from their overspending. If you haven't heard about this yet here is the news story.
    Ritter is planning to siphon off $9 million of OUR money to help the state try to help with their budget shortfalls. I know a lot of people are angry about this deal. Not only did they fight to raise the costs and implemented very strict guidelines for all our dispensary owners, but now they are taking money from the very industry that they wanted gone 3 weeks ago, and most likely still do. Well, a question for you Ritter, where would your nice new $9 million be coming from if we weren't here?
    We could be angry about this, we could protest, we could organize rallies, etc., but I have an idea that may just make us look like the bigger (smarter) person.
    "You're Welcome Cards"
    It would be a great thing if we could get the MMJ patients of Colorado each to compose a "You're Welcome" card to send to Bill Ritter's office, letting him know that without us, he wouldn't have that money. Maybe he will start to think, "Wow...$9 million in a few months, JUST from application fees!". We all know the power this industry has. We all know that marijuana could balance this countries budget, or at least give us some room to breath.
    Anyways, I thought this might be a fun way to be active, without hurting our cause. Cheers!:D
    Bill Ritter's Office Address:
    Bill Ritter, Governor
    136 State Capitol
    Denver, CO 80203-1792

2. Yes it would be funny and they're such assholes about it.
    But you know what, they're not going to let that money
    go. They're politicians. Anyone who thought they wouldn't
    tap in on that money is plain stupid and naive. I knew they
    would but to the tune of 9 milli, that's ridiculous. Meanwhile
    they don't have enough people working to actually get through
    all the applications to get MMJ patients their "pink card"...

Basically everything is all fucked up.

3. Ride4Life--BRILLIANT!!! I'm in.

4. Actually having the patients wait for our cards is saving us money and possibly costing the state more money. I sent my paper work in on 12 Dec 2009 and just got my card this week. I figured it would expire Dec 2010, however it expires Aug 2011. At this rate patients get more than 1.5 years before requiring renewal.

No wonder our state is in a financial crisis if everything is run this way.

5. Yep, I'm going to end up with an extra year because they have been so slow, sweet.

6. i actually waited the full 60 days that i had to send in my paperwork to the state

so that, coupled with there slowness, i have gotten almost a full 2 years hah.