Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorado Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by popegetshighto, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Currently i live in florida, a non legal state. I suffer from chronic pain, i have treated my self with good old marry jane for years now. Im pretty much sick of florida laws on this gift from earth, I have been looking into legal states and i would like to know more about colorado laws, My hole family is on the east coast so i would like somewhere close and colorado seems to have the same laws as cali. Currently i go to a pain clinic aka pill mill's, 90% of the people are fake but for the real people with pain this is pretty much your only relief. I currently get oxycodone 30mg IR, 180 of them a month, I have 2 herniated disc and multiple pinched nerves, compression and bulging disc from lower to upper back. Im pretty sure im a good canidate for medical cannabis but im not 100% sure. Would really help to hear from someone with a repeditive condition or someone who knows how i would go about seeing a medical cannabis doctor? Do i need to be a resident of the state to get medical?

2. To the best of my knowledge, you have to be a resident of Colorado. The application form states that you must send in either a copy of your Colorado Drivers License to prove residency, or an out of state drivers license and a paycheck stub from a Colorado Employers, etc.

See:

Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry

You also need a recommendation form filled out by a medical doctor with a valid Colorado license.

I would think that your condition would be valid.

I have chronic pain issues due to compressed disks in my neck and degenerative disk disease, arthritis, and Lupus. My family doctor had no problem filling out the form for me (he cautioned me to use a vaporizer).

Hope this helps