Colorado and washington

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by THCdelta, Nov 7, 2012.

1. I'm fuckin happy. moving to Colorado fuck Cali
    it was a good day

2. I don't have to move :smoke:

We are two steps closer to legalizing, or at least decriminalizing :yay: :hello:

3. I'm heading to cali come january. Fuck yeah.

4. I'm hoping the Cali follows suit soon, I'd love to move out there in a year! Otherwise Colorado Hear I Come!

5. I think Cali will be the next place.

6. I live in WA and personally voted against legalization. I hate that fucking bill! Damn it, the only reason it passed is because of how shitty it actually is for the marijuana user.

7. yeah because voting against steps towards legalization, will get cannabis legalized :rolleyes:

8. Have you actually researched the bill or do you just think, oh legalization!? Fuck ya!

9. Congratulations to CO & WA. History was made today. :)

10. Yea its basically legal here in California so I'm not complaining as I'm a medical user. But it probably will pass the next legalization proposition. Prop 19 just wasn't worded well enough.
    To be honest those states passing legalization will probably garner much more attention from the feds and maybe we will get a break here in 2013 especially with Obama in office again. Not a huge fan but def better than Romney my god that guy was not gonna be good at all.

11. no i didnt please intrigue me

12. Anny bill gets that gets us a step closer is good for the movement. No bill is going to be perfect, of course the 5 nano gram thing is bullshit. Still that doesn't change much from before. Before this was passed marijuana was zero tolerance if you were driving and the test would find the thc in your fat which can last for months. Now they test for active thc and active thc lasts above 5ng 2-3 hours after smoking.

The big thing about these laws passing is people wont get charged with possession. WAY more people get charged for possession of marijuana than DUI's for cannabis. It is also about getting the attention of the federal government so they can re-think the drug laws. Its not all about your wish to drive stoned, its about the tax payers, and the people who get felony charges for possession.

13. Well Marijuana will still remain a schedule one drug under state control. It is legal to possess an ounce but above an ounce is a felony charge. You have to purchase a license to grow at $250 with a thousand dollar annual charge. Without this license, possession of a single plant is still a felony. The limit for a DUID would be 5ng/ml blood level. So for a heavy user like myself I could have smoked two days ago or so and still carry that level. Because I look like a stereotypical stoner(long hair, tattoos, etc.) I could be pulled over for speeding, not even being high, yet this cop decides to be a dousch and tests me for smoking and so my life could be drastically altered for something I haven't even done. There is no scientific basis for this level(meaning tests of impairment blah blah blah), it's just what they decided. There is also a zero tolerance for anyone under the age of 21, so if they found any trace what so ever it would result in a DUID. I also don't necessarily like the idea of the government or big companies controlling the sale of MJ(processes such as what happened with tobacco could possibly come into place and in the future our bud that we buy from the store could contain additives.) Not saying that it will. It is just a possibility in the future. Personally I would be much much happier with decriminalization rather than this bill until "true" legalization is passed. Hell I even read that sharing bud could be a felony charge(not sure about the validity of it though.) Not to mention the taxes are extremely high.

The bill can get reformed, but that's not saying that it will. Personally I would much rather vote on something that I truly believed in rather then something that I hope will change later. Anyways just my two cents.

14. The stores won't open here in CO until 2014, but when the vote is made official I think the heat will definitely be off, especially in the cities.

15. they arent gonna do a blood test on the side of the road man. you have to be driving erratically enough to be suspected of such crimes and then if you refuse a sobriety test, or fail it, then the police officer has to make the descision on whether he has enough incriminating evidence against you to bring you in for testing.

didnt anyone ever tell you NEVER take a breathylzer?

i know someone who got a DUI because they drank 1 beer.

16. See, I'll have to disagree. I'm thinking Cali will be one of the last states to legalize because it's basically legal already(no motivation to take that last step), because it is so expensive to put up an initiative in California the people who sponsor initiatives are going to be very reluctant to plunk down another few million dollars to try again, and the MMJ lobby in California will find some form of flaw with any initiative that comes down the pike that has any chance of passing.

17. Ohio has over 30 differnt sobriety test. Your going to fail at least one of them!

18. [quote name='"bromojoe"']

You have to purchase a license to grow at $250 with a thousand dollar annual charge. [/quote]
    A thousand dollars a year is $80ish a month. I spend that much in less than 2 weeks...even without the license you're still facing the same consequences of growing as before the bill...

19. ohio is not the state we are discussing, lol. and if you cant pass a sobriety test you prob shouldnt be driving anyways, and probbly deserve a DUI/DUID. its pretty basic stuff.

20. Well atleast washington is a20 min drive north then I got my medi card in Oregon. Lol and I just got my license yesterday guess it was a good day! Lol