Colorado Amendment 64 News

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by azcactus, Oct 15, 2012.

1. #301 claygooding, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    Sounds like you would like to discourage people from attempting to compete,,and growing good marijuana is more patience than expertise,and with all the books,videos and info easily available just about anyone can learn to do it,,,I think I can,,I think I can,,I think I can is all it takes.:smoking:

2. Littleton is a nice place but be warned it is A LOT like Johnson County.. Lot of stuck up rich yuppies and shit. ;)

3. No don't worry, compete! Come on out! It's not about patience, it's about bottom line. Places that have patience charge 300 an oz still. It's fire, like seriously FIRE, but GOOD LUCK! I have several friends that are "master growers" and gave up on the whole thing. Business has taken over, just like booze, u can get a microbrew or a bud. Most prefer the "bud", I PREFER CHRONIC.

I get the 300/oz or 40$/g shatter, but most don't.

Come on out! Just make sure u have a backup plan. Sorry to be realistic, but good luck!

PS THINK ABOUT OTHER AVENUES THAN GROWING! That's where the opportunity is!

4. This is exactly what everyone overlooks. Little do they know.

5. I'll be happy if I get an interview for a job at an herb shop.

6. 303..I gave up on making a living from growing pot for a living before I started indoor growing,,I don't sell my grow to anyone and I try to buy as little marijuana as I can,,I ain't in the pot selling business,,I am in the pot legalizing business,,the pay is lousy but the end results will be pay enough.

7. My wife and I are moving out to Colorado in the next year or so - and like others, not 'because' of the pot legalization but that sure is one heck of a bonus! I was originally planning on moving out there and growing for some dispensaries - more of a 'part time hobby' that would give back a couple bucks while doing the normal 40 hr a week thing. Its kinda been a dream of mine - grow organic, help people, pay taxes, make profit ( modest or significant ).

Legalization is going to have multiple different factors and pros/cons - but in a watered down, quick thought - Demand is initially going to be higher than supply, then product will become available, then businesses will spring up and compete against one another. Niche markets will be developed ( quality, price, atmosphere, etc will change ) and a lot of businesses are going to be forced to retreat ( 8 starbucks on a city block thing, plus we have seen it with dispensaries already ). I personally want to get shop space in a ski town, cater to the tourists and provide the 'luxury' bs atmosphere haha!

In my opinion, the businesses are what is going to drive the price - if 'McDonalds' comes in and hires 15 growers on a salary to produce as much as fast as possible and has a low operating cost ( ~$500 an acre ) there is no way mom and pop will survive. Come on guys - this is Big Business here! But, I have no doubt in my mind that the professional, quality over quantity type grower will be able to perform their work and put food on the table - all while paying taxes.

--
    To get back to topic - price - found this article which explains it better

How much would legal marijuana cost? A new book says it would be nearly free. - Slate Magazine

How cheaply could pot be grown with advanced farming techniques? One potential data point is Canada’s industrial hemp industry, where production costs are about $500 per acre. If the kind of mid-grade commercial weed that accounts for about 80 percent of the U.S. market could be grown that cheaply, it implies costs of about 20 cents per pound of smokable material: Enough pot to fill more than 800 modest-sized half-gram joints for less than a quarter!. Those numbers are probably optimistic, since in practice recreational marijuana is grown from more expensive transplanted clones rather than from seeds. Even so, the authors note that “production costs for crops that need to be transplanted, such as cherry tomatoes and asparagus, are generally in the range of $5,000-$20,000 per acre.” That implies costs of less than $20 per pound for high-grade sensimilla and less than $5 a pound for mid-grade stuff. Another way of looking at it, suggested by California NORML Director Dale Gieringer, is that we should expect legal pot to cost about the same amount as “other legal herbs such as tea or tobacco,” something perhaps “100 times lower than the current prevailing price of $300 per ounce—or a few cents per joint.”

8. I just sent this email to president Obama. He may not even look at his email but at least I can feel I did my part.

Sir, to reduce the need to raise taxes. We need to cut spending. May I suggest, the federal government should quit enforcing marijuana laws and eradication. We could save a lot of money, also it would simply be returning powers to the state governments. Let the individual states decide how they want to handle it. If the states still want to spend the money on this issue let them pay for it. No one can say you are being soft on drugs. You are simply being fiscally conservative and respecting what should be a states responsibility.

9. This sounds like a worldwide movement, Amsterdam, Colorado, Washington and now Mexico.

"The prohibitionist paradigm is a complete failure," said Fernando Belaunzaran, the author of the bill from the Party of the Democratic Revolution (PRD), who presented the proposal in Mexico's lower house of Congress.

"All this has done is spur more violence, the business continues. The country that has paid the highest costs is Mexico," he said in a telephone interview.

A conflict between drug gangs and security forces has killed more than 60,000 people during the six-year rule of outgoing President Felipe Calderon, who has repeatedly demanded the United States to do more to curb demand for illegal drugs.

Frustration with U.S. policy deepened after voters in Washington state and Colorado approved the recreational use of marijuana