Colorado Amendment 64 News

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by azcactus, Oct 15, 2012.

1. 300 Colorado Doctors, 130 Professors Endorse Marijuana Legalization
    By Susan Graybeal | Yahoo! Contributor Network –
    Thu, Oct 11, 2012
    The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol announced this week that more than 300 physicians from 65 localities in Colorado have now endorsed Amendment 64, which would make marijuana legal in the state to people over 21. More than 130 college professors from Colorado and around the nation have also stated that they support the amendment, the campaign said. Here are the details.
    * According to Dr. Larry Bedard, former president of the American College of Emergency Physicians, "It is time to embrace a more commonsense policy, and stop criminalizing adults for using a substance less harmful than alcohol."
    * Bedard, who participated in a news conference with campaign members, stated that in more than 35 years as an emergency physician, he saw hundreds of injuries, accidents and deaths due to alcohol, but virtually none associated with marijuana.
    * Dr. Bruce Madison, a former associate medical director of the faculty at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, also spoke at the conference on Tuesday, stating that current laws waste millions of dollars in a "failed War on Marijuana," and ruin "thousands of lives by unnecessary arrest and incarceration."
    * The 130 college professors, many in the fields of law, health, economics and criminal justice, signed an open letter to the voters of Colorado stating, "We have reviewed Amendment 64 and concluded that it presents an effective, responsible and needed new approach for Colorado and the nation."
    * The letter went on to state that marijuana prohibition is particularly harmful to teens, "driving marijuana into the underground market where proof of age is not required and where other illegal products might be available."
    * The letter goes on to state that the legalization of marijuana will help the state economically by reducing the amount of resources needed to enforce marijuana projibition.
    * Amendment 64, which is on this year's November ballot in Colorado, will remove legal penalties for personal possession of up to one ounce of marijuana and for the home-growing of up to six marijuana plants by those over 21.
    * The amendment will also create legal marijuana establishments, including retail stores, cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities and testing facilities and facilities involving the cultivation, processing and sale of industrial hemp, all to be licensed by the state Department of Revenue.
    * If passed, the amendment calls for an excise tax of up to 15 percent on the wholesale sale of non-medical marijuana, with the first $40 million of revenue from the tax each year being directed to the state's Public School Capital Construction Assistance Fund.

2. I think it's going to happen this time in at least two states,,people are jumping on the band wagon all over the world.....

3. I heard someone interviewed on a radio show (Coast 2 Coast) saying that out of the 3 states voting for some sort of adult legalization, out of WA, OR, and CO, Colorado's amendment 64 has the highest support and chance of passing.

:hello:

4. I heard that same thing from two different news sources. I've been saying it all along, if all else fails, Colorado will come the closest to achieving legalization. I think they'll get it this year. I'm crossing my fingers for them, I know that much. Go get'em, Colorado! :hello:

5. The dominoes are beginning to fall

6. A new poll just put the support in Colorado under 50%. Keep contacting everyone you know in Colo and tell them to vote. The conservative clones are making a late surge.

7. #7 Storm Crow, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    You guys have got to get busy! Check out the news and comment wherever you can! People read the comments!

Tell them how cannabis may prevent Alzheimer's far better than Aricept, the leading pharmaceutical drug for it! :eek:

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

It is breast cancer month, there will be articles that you can use to show folks how cannabis, especially the new "High CBD" strains, can help stop even the deadly "triple negative" kind of breast cancer! :hello:

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer through Cdc2 Regulation (full - 2006) ÃŽ”9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer Cells through Cdc2 Regulation

The possibility to convince folks is there- you just have to take advantage of it! There are 560,816 blades at GC. Imagine the impact of 560,816 pro-cannabis comments in the news! :eek:

GC is a "sleeping giant".

Consider this your wake up call! :yay:

Get busy, all of you! - you don't need to be living in a MMJ state to make a difference! :gc_rocks:

Granny :wave:

8. storm crow, those are very important things if that will get people out to vote, but none of those will actually go towards making cannabis legal for personal consumption, because those studies just indicate that large pharmaceutical companies can isolate and duplicate some of the active compounds, and sell them to sick people as prescription medicine.

legalization for personal use is a different matter. that's about personal freedoms and claiming your rights.

"if the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness doesn't include the right to explore one's own consciousness then the declaration of independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
    - Terence McKenna

9. Keep in mind that the prohibitionist will buy polls showing more support for the status quo to deflate and possibly cause supporters not to vote,,because they believe it won't do any good to vote.
    Instead of getting discouraged it is time to pull the gloves off and quit being Mr Nice Guy,,start calling these idiots out in public if you get a chance,,let's start exposing them for the government tit sucking assholes they are,,not just on the net but in public at every opportunity.

10. more important than claiming the polls are fake, is to remind everyone who would support this to vote. that means calling them the day of the election, until they tell you, "stop bugging me! i voted already!"

in a sense, the poll saying the proposition is losing might be a good thing: it'll get people off their couches and to the polls!

11. I was not claiming the polls are fake but it is a possibility,,the law requires the drug czar to do anything necessary to keep marijuana illegal and anything necessary covers a lot of shit.

The government orchestrated splitting the vote on Prop 19 and attempted to do the same thing in WA this time,,it isn't working as well and in CO they are paying the No crowds tab for tv ads,,ads we need more of,,to be added to calling and irritating people into the voting booths,,send $10 to help pay for more positive ads,,and CO has had some good ones. I am already out an ounce of weed because of sending funds to both WA and CO and will probably be out another ounce before the 6th,,and I don't even live there.

12. #12 Izzy Mandelbaum, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    The stupidest thing ever was reported on the news last night. . . . .

Colorado Tourism 'experts' (very loosely used term) are voicing their opposition to Amendment 64. Why? They think it will 'hurt' Colorado tourism.

How fucking stupid are these 'experts'??????!!?!

The first, possibly only, legal place for adults to consume marijuana in the country is gonna hurt tourism . . . . . .Hahahahhaha. Idiots!! Complete and total morons!

Amsterdam right here in Denver, yep this place will be a ghost town :rolleyes:
    Funny how many Ohio, Illinois, Texas, North Carolina plates I already see moving to our fine state.

Yep bad for tourism. And business.

. . . .Don't forget the children.
    Please, think of the children :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/ame]
    Idiots!

13. I am dancing as fast as I can,,been up all night because I can't sleep anticipating the ASA hearing today,,even though I know it could be months b4 we get to hear a decision. It's like the night before your first day at a new job.:D

14. Yeah, once I can legally go into a shop, buy a gram, vape it, and not have to worry about a cop, even in theory, I will be saving up my money to go to the state where I can do it. Period. I don't care if it is Portland, Denver, or Seattle.

And, btw, "easy to score" is not the same as "sold at a store". I've done both. I'll travel for the second, not for the first.

15. I just hope weed doesn't become over regulated and over saturated by government companies that good, home grown and cared for bud becomes a rarity.

16. I will be looking to relocate there. So the sophism that it will affect tourism can be off set by the fact that the new permanent residents would be many.

17. It will be known as the green rush and will move just as many people as the gold rush did,,,

18. I don't think that will be the case. I do think that good, home grown and cared for bud will become a rarity but not because of the government.

I'd put it more at human nature. If you give someone the choice between spending $40 for so/so bud and dropping a one time investment of around $500(followed up by around 50 work-hours per crop) for really good bud, most casual users will go for the so/so bud every time.

Look at beer. Even though people can home brew really good alcohol(which is actually more similar to growing your own bud than one might think) they choose to get so/so alcohol because brewing, like growing, is a pain in the rear unless it is something you enjoy. Which not everyone does.

On the other hand, you will most likely get the bud equivalency of "microbrews" in short order to cater to people who want bud like they used to get back in the days when medical was all that was around.

19. I hope so damn hard that this passes. It'd really be good for everybody except some exidting drug dealers who might lose business.

and I don't think it'd make home grown bud hard to find. It legalizes the cultivation of plants too.

20. #20 LGLIZE, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    Man, I don't even live in Colorado, or even close for that matter, but I really hope this passes.

If one state passes a bill like this, other states will follow in time.

(crossing fingers)