color variation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jimmy_jimmy, Dec 13, 2004.

1. I have four females, about two weeks into flowering, under 400w hps. The strain is called Haze, sold to me by BDS. I understand that it is a pure sativa (or pretty close), which means that it has the typical discouraging sativa characteristics such as slow growing, modest output, and super high highs. If anyone has any more information about this strain for me, I would be greatful.

My problem is this: Not all of the plants are the same colour. Two of them have a significantly darker green colour than the other two. All plants appear healthy, roughly the same size and flower development. Aside from colour, leaves look the same between the plants.

What is going on here? Is it possible that I got a couple different strains when I ordered the seeds? Is this normal variation within the strain? Is this a watering, feeding, or lighting issue?

Thanks for any help.

2. HIGH All, could be one plant is sucking up more nutes than the other (Healther roots).
    What Ferts you feeding your Ladies? Are they at the same PPM and PH? Don't know about the strain as I've never grown it.

3. I am fertilizing with Miracle Grow All Purpose, amounts according to the instructions on the package. All of the plants are getting about the same amount of water and fertilizer. I checked the pH early in the vegetative stage, but I have not since. It was about 6.5 - 7 all around.

I should correct my original posting. I said that two of them are "significantly" darker that the other two. This is very vague. I will try to be a little more precise. Each plant has a colour such that, were you to look at it alone, it would appear to be a perfect colour. However, when you get a couple close to each other the difference is apparent to the naked eye.