Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Color & Taste of Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cheeba00, Jun 13, 2009.

1. what do you do to your plant so it grows purple buds?
    or possibly a different color?

AND what do you do to your plant to make the bud taste like a certain fruit?

i am very interested in finding this out.
    please give me some information!

:yay:

2. I actually ran into some purple buds tonight. (Check my, "Should I Smoke This?" thread.

Anyways, from what I've learned throughout the night is that you get purple buds from a cooler climate/cold. Having purple buds doesn't mean that the weed is better though. The coloring doesn't add or take away any of the THC percentage. Just looks pretty.

3. 1. well purple bud is mostly genetics

2. a day before your gonna harvest it get some all natural fruit juice(dilute it with water) cut the plant at base and stick it in the mixture let it sit for 24 hours

3. step 2 but replace the fruit juice with purple food coloring( yes it does work)

4. Just the strain of weed.

I've never heard of bud tasting like fruit except if you add some chemical to your plant during the growing process, I'm not to sure tho.

5. Wouldn't the food coloring give it a strange taste?

6. To get the color bud you want, mix food coloring (of you're choice if color) with the water that you give you're plants. Purple water = Purple bud.

7. #7 soskie, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009

if you use the chemical food coloring then yes, though the all natural food coloring does add a different taste to but isnt close the unnatural food color taste, add some juice to the mix and its all good

8. Actually thats not always true.
    Purple bud can be grown with just the use of regular water.
    You just need the right seeds that have those genetics.

9. Food coloring is cheating, but it works. To get real purple you need a certain strain.

10. You order some quality seeds from a seed bank. Just read the strain descriptions and pick the one that fits your criteria. Even then your gonna have to look for a good phenotype, or I heard cold temperatures can make the plant turn purple

11. so let the large stem soak in fruit juice for 24 hours??

12. Even though the color doesn't change the THC percentage, I believe that similar to food, apperance can change one's perception on weed. In other words because it looks dank, you're going to feel like it was dank.

13. odds are you can sell it for a little more too.

14. yes fruit juice diluted with water

15. Sometimes purple bud is due to a potassium deficiency. But what it looks, smells and tastes like is ALL about the genetics. Also you need the right nutrients, and to flush them before harvest. A proper dry and cure is required for good bud that doesnt taste like chemicals or burn weird.

16. I am Pretty sure that if u want your buds a nice purple with food coloring you would have to use red color. because red and green make purple. using purple food coloring would prob make the buds look darker and shittier than if you used a vibrant red. ive heard people use red koolaid packets instead of food coloring sometimes. Correct me if im wrong. but anyways i wish people would stop fucking around with the color additives and just grow sum regular green dank, i do like the idea of watering plants with fruit juices tho to give it a nice fruity or citrus taste, because taste is most important to me.