Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Color changing?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheFaz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. I was wondering what exactly color changing glass does. My friends and I all have bowls that have clear parts in the glass that are slowly turning blue. We all got our bowls at the same place so that might have something to do with it. But the first bowl I got wasn't from that place and it does the same...Are these color changing bowls or what?

2. The glass could be made with chemicals which slowly change colour as they oxidise - as you use the bowl. Just a stab in the dark.....

3. Resin is what changes the color of the glass.

The glass itself does not change in anyway, glass pieces always return to the original color when clean.

4. What he said. I usually don't clean my ccg pipes untill they clog like hell just because i like the color they end up as. It's kind of like a chia pet :D

*edit*
    and eventually you can smoke the pipe lol. Friend of mine had a nice pipe back in the day and smoked shrooms and weed out of it forever and never cleaned it. when we ran out of stuff and wanted to get a little buzz we'd just light the resin in the bowl on fire :D

5. yeah that's the beauty of ccg pipes, colors change and look awesome, then when you're dry you scrape it for a nice resin ball, which get you quite high.

6. The color is always there, it just shows up a lot more when the glass is coated in resin. That's why a lot of head shops have black pads that you put the piece on to get an idea of what it'll look like when it gets resinated.

7. ^^ nice..none of my shops do that, i will have to try it out on my own i guess.

8. And remember always shop for function and form.
    If it looks bad ass but doesn't hit worth a damn or is made of cheap thin glass pass it up and find another.

If it looks like mummy vomit but hits like a beast sure it will work well but you will be looking at it's ugly mug for many years.

There are many many many pipes and bongs out there. Shop around untill you find "the one"

9. QFT..

10. or find several that u like....................all my pieces are ccg's
    i have one small spoon that i take for traveling
    a little bit larger spoon that i like to take out
    a bubbler that i just cleaned since like to watch the smoke fill the chamber
    and my bong isnt but the bowl that looks awesome in it

cost me roughly 200$

11. Yeh i usually have a nice pipe for general smoking and a dugout for ninja ops. prolly get a bong and a bubbler later when my situation improves.
    And i buy all my stuff from gc now. We only have 2 head shops both of which suck and the cops are apeshit down here. Miss my pad in NC had a niceeeee headshop(got raided all the time though). Nothing like being able to pick it out in person if you can. Just remember the more stuff you have the more there is to lose or for the cops to find :/

12. When resin collects on the glass, it changes colours. I have no idea how it works.

By the way, if you clean your piece, it will be clear again.