Color Changing Pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by mbruck3, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hey GC what's good?
    I got a new pipe yesterday :D at my local shop and I think change colors but I'm not sure. Let me day down the story b/c I know blades love stories. So walk in the shop tell the guy I am looking for a spoon give him the details I'm looking for and price range yada yada. Pulls out this bad boy (pics below) and says I can give this to you for 15 and I am like dude deal. Deeeep bowl but maybe your thinking why only 15.... well fellow gc community I made a mistake. I think he offered it cheap because its a pipe for south paws (carb is on the right to make it easier on the person who likes to light with their left hand). Played with it a bit to figure out the best way to use but I like it... Kinda curious on whether or not it will change colors haha... it is a clear pipe with red white and blue stripes.

Attached Files:

2. I dont believe thats color changing dude. it would have a distinctive hue of either gold or silver fuming, and you wouldve noticed after the about the first couple packs.

3. I agree this will most likely not change colors, but do not necessarily believe the above poster. My pipe started light blue (not gold or silver) and has turned deep purple with red streaks. In my experience it depends on the amount of air pockets and flames in the glass. Not sure if that's a fact, but its my best guess.

4. If the carb is on the right, hold it like you normally would with your left hand and use your index finger instead of your thumb. And if it were going to change color it would have at least partially clear sections, and I don't see any, not that there may not be, I just don't see it:smoke:

5. I rather the carb on the right :/

6. Yea thats what I've learned to do. It really sucks but it's ok I like it haha.... And I have only toked with it once because I'm out of weed and because of a recent accident I am out of cash. Also, It does have a lot of clear that the picture doesn't do justice. @ToHighToFly- I didn't realize until I left the shop haha

7. put something dark behind it and if it looks different it will change. thats what the guy showed me when i bought my spoon and it was a pretty accurate depicter of the color change.

8. carb hole side wouldn't really matter to me.. but thats not a color changing pipe

9. "In my experience it depends on the amount of air pockets and flames in the glass. Not sure if that's a fact, but its my best guess. "

^ Wrong. look it up, theres a couple forums on here telling how pipes "color change" they are fumed with precious metals. I wouldnt lie to you :D

10. Yea I really haven't a problem with and actually I am starting to kind of like it and you're right I dont think it is.