Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

color changing pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BasementPro, Jan 6, 2010.

1. this might seem like a dumb question, but what makes the color changing pipes change color. i thought that it was the heat but it stays even when its cold. im really curious because i just got one today

2. im pretty sure its from all the resin and tar and smoke after being smoked out of for awhile. not really positive tho...:confused:

3. The actual glass does change color with heat after a certain time.

I thought.

4. the thing is is that its like white and blue colors when it changes. so its not resin.

5. One of my friends older brother's friends was a glassblower, and I heard something like they added silver dust in the glass when they blow it

however this story was passed down from person to person, so I am unsure about the accuracy of aforementioned statement

6. Colour changing pipes just change colours when they get coated in resin afaik.
    Stop spreading that silver dust bullshit right now please.

7. I just looked it up.
    They are fumed with gold or silver, and change with resin.
    I'm assuming you aren't an experienced glassblower, so calling something I heard from an experienced glassblower bullshit seems odd.

8. Resin builds up in the pipe changing the way the light reflects off of it or something like that

9. guess that dont work out too well for the OCD Stoner who cleans his or her glass after every session huh

10. Yeah dude, when I first got my piece, I would always wash it out after every sesh, it never got colorful. After a while I got lazy though, and just let the resin build up, and now it's beautiful!

11. RESIN
    doesnt matter what color it changes whether its blue green red or purple its resin build up
    dont clean your piece for no reason its dumb wait until its clogged thisnway on a dry day you can take resin hits

12. The magic angels in the THC paint the walls of the pipe with their rainbrow paintbrushes.

13. That sounds about right.

14. It's simply color emphasis. The pipe isn't physically changing color, but the black resin allows you to see the colors that are there. These colors are very difficult to see on a clear pipe, but when you emphasize these colors with black resin they're very easy to see, thus creating the effect that the pipe is changing color.

15. yea it actually is blown with fume on the inside, so lets say you are in a store looking at a so called color changing piece, put it in front of something black or close to it(to mimick the resin buildup over time) so you can get an idea of what it will look like when the colors start to 'change'.

The heat has NOTHING to do with it, its the backround color of the designs on the inside of the pipe, THAT is why you only see the different colors once the inside is covered with black nasty resin.