color changing glass

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Deleted member 133486, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I bought a small bowl in mexico for about 2 bucks and the dude told me it was color changing class. i dont know anything about the topic so can anyone give some heads up and how it works and how to tell which pipes change color and stuff

2. the more resonated it gets the more it changes colors. so the more you smoke out of it the faster it will change.

3. is there any way i can tell if it's gonna change colors just by looking at it....
    and if it takes resin to make it change colors, does that mean that when you clean it, the color will fade away too ?

4. #4 donetodeath, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009

Im not sure about being able to tell just by looking at it, maybe someone who knows a little bit more about how the glass is made can answer that. As far as the color, as the resin builds up inside, it will change, and if you clean the resin, it will look the way it did the day you bought it.

Here's a link to a thread with some good examples.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/321161-color-changing-glass-before-after-thread.html

5. #5 Hiltoniano, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    If you got it in the tourist area of mexico, than the piece is more than likely to be shit. If it is good though, than congrats of finding a legit store owner in mexico....hehe try it out to see

6. put it up against something dark to see what it will change to

7. the heat will change the colors. it just means its not so great glass

8. After you see some bowls and figure how it works, you can tell by looking usually.

The resin just darkens everything, which can make things change in unexpected ways, or do crazy shit.

9. WRONG. I would neg rep you, if you where not so wrong, but I feel bad for you.