Color change?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by El Duderino, Nov 6, 2011.

1. just wondering what factors make a plant turn purple? is it strain specific? Weather? i heard that its triggered by cold weather... if so, how will it affect my flowering plants. how long do they have to be exposed to cold weather before they turn, and what classifies too cold. i live in south texas...

2. anything cooler than 65 degrees F. will start turning them purple. They also turn purple from a phosphorus def. if I remember correctly (not so kewl). I had read some where that after you chop your plant down you can put your buds in the fridge and that will do it to. It usually takes a day or two to start turning them if your doing it by temp., and I have a bit of a theory that if you can get your temps lowered even more, gradually over a period of time to the plants livable threshold they will turn a darker purple as it gets colder. Haven't tried this yet as I'm kind of in limbo at the moment but I will be.

3. not all plants will turn purple to 65 degree weather my plant was going through weeks of 45 ddegree nghts and didnt turn until i put ice ontop of the soil

also the strain itself could have the purp genex in it

4. Thank you msad forgot about the phenotype thingy, didn't know about the ice