color and flavor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by froggy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Hey guys this is a great way to flavor your weed, it words good some flavors better than others, as far as the color goes, I wouldn't give up quite yet. It has to be possible, BTW u get anyone to smoke that color dipped stuff?

Get a small bottle of essence of_________ (peppermint, strawberry, anise...) Available at candy making supply stores, pharmacies, Hobby shops. Use a whole bottle (small 1-2 oz flask) per 1/2 to 1 gallon water.
    Important to "water starve" the plant for about a week before harvest. Then the day before, pour in the solution. Should allow about 24 hours to soak up the flavoring. When the plant is dried/cured, it should have taste/smell.

2. what would have happened if you gave the plants water with food coloring all through its life? would it damage the plant or would the whole plant turn color?

3. Yes should be possible, they have a 100% purple poodle in Japan, even the internal organs are purple simply by adding dye while it was developing in the mother.

Believe your "suck it up" color didnt work because well the plant was pretty much finished.

This needs to be tried in a bubble bucket with very little food coloring added but over the entire grow.

4. i dn about color, i bet its possible but im sure u can flavor it, last week i had bananna flavored weed, im not kidding it smelled like it to just a really weird high i wish i could get some more but i got it from a friend of a friend...

5. My friend use to put "Vicks vaporub" on the cannister of his stash. He apply the vaporub around the cannister and put his weed for sometime. According to him when he smoke it, it has a scent eucalytus and a little taste of mentol. hehe.

Hmm just a though about menthol cigarettes. Does anyone know on how tobaco company make mentol cigerettes? I guess it will also work in MJ. :D

6. All menthols get there minty flavor from added chemicals, and microscopic shards of fiberglass wich when you inhale make tiny cuts in the back of your throught causing the tingly feeling, stoges like newports and full flavored menthols can make u hack blood because of this, im pretty sure lights have the same thing just less of it

the plants look tasty froggy thanks for experimenting so us city boys have some cool reading material

7. i got some cool jays mentholl papers gives you the impression that the smoke is almost cold in your throat

8. ok the best way to get the purple color is to use a hydro system and to add 1 purple koolaid packet to every 1 gallon water when budding starts the cost is only 25 cents per package. I know a guy who does this with his nirvana seeds sweet purple strain and his bud is the sickest purple you have ever seen, the stems are purple and everything just always add the purple koodaid packets durning the whole 2 months of budding during the last week you can change the water out to pure water, but my buddy does not do that he actually drains all the water out for the last week under the lights, no water at all in fact or nutrients, this helps the drying process will go good. Also there is no noticable taste difference. The koolaid my slightly change the ph of the water but a hydro person knows how to adjust ph with no problem anyways my buddy in amsterdam who does this has the best purps ever with a great taste!!!!!
    update my friend sent me a picture of what he uses now in amsterdam he now uses sugar-free koolaid he adds 1 packet per 2 gallons of water but you can also add the non sugarfree kind thats onlly 25 cents but the sugar free kind adds a more "purple" flavor to the finished product