Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by budgetgrow, Jun 11, 2017.

1. So I'm looking into using colloidal silver to produce some pollen for cross breeding. Anyone used it before? Any advice? If not, anyone interested in a journal of it? I'm looking to make some pollen from an AC/DC clone. I want to cross it with a heavy Indica. There just isn't much selection for high cbd indicas. Hopefully one will be a high cbd and thc line.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WARNING **<DO NOT CONSUME THE TREATED PLANT>**

use pure (99.99%) silver to make it..if you have a reliable source you'll need at least 30-40 ppm in the water..

"To take advantag of this, you thoroughly mist a female cannabis plant with colloidal silver every day right when she enters the flowering stage, she will start growing male "balls" full of pollen. Keep misting the plants daily until you see the beginning of male pollen sacs forming, usually around 10-14 days." - google

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks. I have a spray that is supposedly 250ppm. Do you think that's too strong? Should I water it down?

4. ..ya...just be sure to use distilled water, not spring or 'drinking' water. Typical cost was about 1 dollar for a gallon.

5. Yeah, I use distilled water for water curing anyways. Wouldn't it make more sense to just use a medicine dropper to douse the nodes every day? I'm just taking a little AC/DC clone in a solo cup or a 1/2 gallon pot. I've done all the reading on the process, just looking for tips. Real life experience.

6. if it's a tiny plant, may as well just spray it, big plants just need a branch worth of nodes to be dosed to do the job...a little pollen sack goes a long way ya know ;)

7. Seems like a waste of silver though. I only need to hit 4 or 5 nodes and can hit them all with 2 drops. Lol. How long does it take for the pollen sacs to mature? It's got to be a lot faster than flowers since the pollen has to pollinate them...

8. yep..just 2-3 weeks to show, by 4 most of my indica and hybrids popped enough for my needs..pure sativa seemed to take longer