Colloidal silver questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shroombie, Sep 21, 2021.

1. #1 Shroombie, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    1 - I've been using a 12 gauge silver wires and a 9v battery with around 400-500 ml water. 36 hours has passed and it seems like the ppm is stuck at 15 ppm. Why? Should I worry that it will not work even when I've been generating for so long?

2 - The stuff that's hanging from one of the wires after generation, am I right to assume that they are silver particles and they should be shaken off in the water?

3 - I'm using distilled water now but in the future, is tap water good enough for feminization?

4 - Can I drink this? Is there a ppm limit to what's safe to drink or apply to skin?

2. Tiresias mist, if you can't figure it out. That's what I use

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I have tried, and failed, to feminize with CS many times with different strengths of solutions. I successfully use STS now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. go online and buy colloidial silver 50ppm. ebay or Amazon. And yes its OK to consume just dont overdo it or you look like a smurf....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The colloidal silver that turns you blue is the colloidal silver that has large particles in it from making it fast with 9 volts or higher, I use 15 mil amps to make mine and it is clear when done, takes about a month to make a gallon of 20 ppm which has nanoparticles which are super small. And will not make you blue if you drink it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that why my colloidal silver doesn't go beyond 17 ppm? The particles are too large?

I really want to get away inexpensively so I don't want to buy expensive solutions. In that case I rather buy seeds and try to keep a mother alive. Also, I've already bought material for generating the CS.

I'm going to try once like this letting the generation process go on for at least 24 hours as I've read that it should be overkill. If successful, I will also try generating the CS from tap water.

7. You don't need to do all that messing about.
    [​IMG]
    Used to sanitise fruit and veg prior to eating. Surely you have a similar product in the USA.

8. To make feminized seeds, the best way to do it is buy silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate and make your own spray. It's what the big seed dealers that make there seeds use, that's what I have be told. I just ordered everything to do it with when the time comes, but is dangerous to mess with if you are not careful, just YouTube making feminized cannabis seeds with silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Use a chemical face mask so you don’t get the spray in your lungs and ware goggles to protect your eyes. Rubber gloves is also a good idea.

The timeframes for spraying vary. I start to spray the day I flip just before lights out and again every three days until male buds can be seen. You want to start spraying about two or three weeks before flipping the ones you are going to pollinate.

10. The guy I seen make and used it only sprayed the plant twice. Use 1000ml of distilled water and 1 gram of silver nitrate. Then in separate container mix 5 grams of sodium thiosulfate with 1000 ml of The distilled water. Then dump the 1000 ml of sodium thiosulfate into the 1000 ml of silver nitrate then add a extra 2000 ml of distilled water to your mix which will give you a total of 4000ml of solution to use, you can store it up to 30 days but it won't be as good. So if you do only one plant there will be a lot of waste but that's ok because it works 100 percent. Spray the branches and spray them again in a week and that's it done, clone will turn male.

11. Look it up before mixing it!