Colloidal Silver question.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Mike Parent, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Does anyone have a reliable source for STS to reverses females? I’m new here and don’t want to get off on the wrong foot, so email me if posting that info isn’t allowed. TY

• Like Like x 1
  2. duplicate thread

3. #3 TimJ, Oct 16, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    Welcome to Grasscity @Mike Parent.
    First, you're asking about colloidal silver in your original post. Then silver thiosulfate in this question. I have not used this product but it claims to be silver thiosulfate.

You can find many good videos on how to make your own colloidal silver on youtube if that is the route you chose. If you use coins for your silver source,be sure they are .999 silver not all silver coins are made using .999 silver. You can order silver on Amazon if you choose to go that way.

I've used both to block the ethylene production in my pollen donor plants, CS is cheaper and safer in my opinion.
    Good luck with making feminized seed. You can drop by my grow journal and browse through it. I have shown the correct timing to spray both auto flowers and photo-period plants to make feminized seed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. check the link: Making feminized seed

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used CS, but it was hit or Miss. I heard STS was more effective but more finicky. Just germinated 5 yr old seeds I’d like to reproduce. I wrote CS by mistake. Give me a pass, I’m old

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm not sure what your seed making experience is. I have been using CS without any issue except for one strain I am currently retrying as we type. I've made thousands of feminized seeds using CS over the past 5 years. I'll link you to another thread I just started on making feminized seed and maybe you will find some help in it's text.

Making feminized seed

I hope this is of some help to you.

If you're still interested in using STS that brand above is a commonly used one from what I've seen on different sites. STS has to be refrigerated and kept in the dark.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks so much. A reliable product is everything. CS failed me on two occasions. It may well have been strain oriented because it did work great on the White Widows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I agree, I've heard from others that believe they produced sterile pollen. I've even read some scholarly articles that do agree that when breeding some pollen can become sterile. The articles were based on breeding hemp using CS and STS. So, I'm not so sure one will make a difference over the other with certain strains. This may be why some strains are lost over time through breeding.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is that the brand of STS that you use @gxxire?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've actually never reversed a plant, but the guy behind 3thirteen is pretty active over at a different forum and seems like a pretty solid dude.

• Like Like x 1