College

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by paperplanes11, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SO i got my first class of the semester coming up in an hour.

I dont even have enough money to pay for my books.

This is gonna suck.

Only good thing is that i have a drawing class with a buddy of mine whom will most like get high with me before class. Ughhhhh trying to only smoke once a week tho. Dont have money to spend on weed atm.

2. Currently started winter quarter first time ever in class room setting (did highschool when i lived in Philippines) currently been to every single college class high as fuck with red eyes. And ill get good grades to prove everyone wrong.....

Good luck op

3. There should be copies of your text books in the library! It may be behind the desk, so ask the librarian! :D I got through a whole semester that way for one class with an expensive book! ;)

Granny :wave:

4. I do that too.. But at my school.. Everybody is hip to that..so u gotta be one of the first ones at the library

5. I hope you're just joking when you say the 'only' good thing is that you get to get high before class

have fun though, college is pretty cool

6. I made it through a few high level mathematics courses without a book. So I'd imagine you'll be fine.

Just go to class, take legit notes, an actually pay attention. Then you really won't need a book...unless the professor is a dick.

If anything just tell the professor your situation on money and it'll be a while before you can afford a book. You could probably go to their office hours and copy down your HW assignment.

7. [quote name='"ckycampmember"']I made it through a few high level mathematics courses without a book. So I'd imagine you'll be fine.

Just go to class, take legit notes, an actually pay attention. Then you really won't need a book...unless the professor is a dick.

If anything just tell the professor your situation on money and it'll be a while before you can afford a book. You could probably go to their office hours and copy down your HW assignment.[/quote]

I had a teacher who printed homework pages out foe those with out a book

8. I start Spring also. I gotta take a shitty math and English, 1 online class and Criminal Justice class. Im going back after a year off. Good luck to you blade my class starts in like 2 1/2 hrs

9. Started semester two weeks ago. No books, and haven't attended some of my courses once. I was stressing about it until I smoked.:smoking:

10. cool?

just out of curiosity, who is funding your education?

11. don't get high

12. I'm currently in my second semester at college, and it is a great experience. Be yourself and focus on your school work - the social aspect will follow. The easiest thing you can do is go to class - skipping is entirely not worth it, especially when you're paying thousands of dollars to take the course.

As for books, you can get by in some classes with older versions for literally a fraction of the price as a new edition which they claim are a "must have." Some classes you actually do need the new versions, but if you're diligent enough to read the chapters and sort through the information with an older style book, you'll do just fine. Ask a classmate if you could get together and work sometime too. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help a fellow classmate.

Lastly, make sure the living conditions between you and your roommate are at ease. This may seem like a minute issue, but I can assure you the stress level associated with school work and a bad roommate do NOT mix. I actually just switched roommates for this new semester myself, and it has been great so far!

I don't know if you're commuting or living on campus, but college is a bit different from high school, which you will quickly see for yourself. You will most likely gain a further sense of independence, and learn to know yourself a little better as well. As for smoking, make sure you're responsible and can keep it under control. If you're just looking to smoke bud and not give two shits, stay home. It is a much cheaper alternative and you will free up some space for someone who is willing to gain an education.

Good luck, man.

13. I smoke weed with buddies after class and at parties and shit, there were a few times when I smoked before class, but it's not a big deal to me. I'll probably not be smoking as much this coming semester just to save money and stay focused. I plan on reading alot, and I cannot read while high

14. are your parents not paying for your college education? they can't pay for your book(s)? even though you're in class by now, i thought i'd let you know that you never really need your book the first day of classes. professors don't expect every student to have it right away

15. Missed my first class .pl op dontwaste your education .

16. You can find pdfs of a lot of textbooks online now, just google it and you'd be surprised man. Might be an older edition but still far better than nothing.

17. college is awesome and im in my second semester like that other guy is^^^

Like its been said, just go to class and it will be pretty easy. I pay for everything right now with bday and christmas money and my loan money... I'm paying college with loans, and the amount left over from each semesters loans give me about 1k$ for the semester which goes toward a nice piece, weed, gas, and food lol...

I don't really mind being debt tho because It won't be too much and with my job I'll be able to pay it off for sure.