College won't accept Marijuana Paper

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RobRoyy, Sep 27, 2011.

1. I am in the process of graduating from junior college with my associates of sciences before transferring to a university. Before I can graduate, I have to do this assessment, where I basically sell myself to the college board and say why I should graduate. Also, I have to present a paper that I have written while at the community college. The paper I chose to present is a 13 pager, on medicinal marijuana. This is not because I am a big stoner, but because it really is the best paper I have ever wrote.
    Now I dont know if it is set in stone, but my academic adviser (who is way chill) told me not to submit that paper to the board, as they would likely refuse it or pass judgement that may not allow me to graduate.

Should this happen, (If I do use that paper) I believe that is grounds for a lawsuit.

any input?

2. Also, I have never failed a class, I have between a 3.0 and a 3.3 gpa, and I have all of the required credit hours plus some.

3. I have no idea. I would go to the board directly and tell them the situation. But since you were a good student, I don't think it would matter

4. Dude... You are THAT kid.
    I know mmj helps a lot of people out, and i know the governments lying to us about mj, and blah blah blah, we should all watch the union and smoke in happy little joint circles, go weed!

But unless your field of study is medicine, you will not be taken seriously for submitting a pot related paper. I dont know what motivated you to do this, but youre just askin for it bruh.

Yeah, it might be the best paper youve written, and you might want to think you can get away with it,and its sad you cant, because it must be a deep interest of yours, but with the negative social stigma pot has, it will get you nowhere.

So good luck on your newpaper dude...

5. Please tell me you were trying to get into the Cannabis College in the Netherlands not a regular college......

6. Hahaha, right dude?

The sad truth is, academia is so closed to new ideas and findings related not only to marijuana, but to pretty much everything, even physics and archaeology. Youre not gonna get anywhere by submitting that paper...

7. #7 BlowTreeAllDay, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    Haha this guy took the words right out of my mouth. You are THAT kid

There is so much more to write about than a drug, dude. That paper won't change anyone's mind

8. I don't see why you shouldn't. Why pick a boring topic that everyone agrees on? Pick a controversial one and shove the facts or lack thereof down the board's throat! Don't present it like, "this is the best paper I have ever written," present it as a controversial topic that you feel strongly about.

If you are judged unfairly, fuck them, sue the pants off of their bigoted asses.

9. I bet if you changed some of the wording on your current paper to make it look like pot is bad, they'll accept.

10. If marijuana was a black guy, this would be so racist. 13 pages on medical marijuana? You obviously spent some time on it; do what you think is right. God speed.

11. to all the blades pushing this guy off as THAT kid. your not, your only doing something you believe in. i say present the paper

12. GO FOR IT!

If it weren't for people like us, always pushing the truth, we would still be giving 20 years for 2 roaches in California! 'Cause honey, if the truth won't do, then something is wrong!

Granny

13. Yes, its sad that they wouldnt accept the truth. I dont agree with it one bit, but unfortunately this is the world we live in. This paper /presentation will not get you your degree, youve even gotten this warning from your advisor.
    To attempt it anyways, when youve been warned against it by someone who knows the system, is foolish and would be a waste of the years in school, not to mention tuition and book money.

Yes, you might love it, it might be your passion. but whats more important to you?
    Making a futile stand ? Or that degree youve already put so much work into?

Also, there is a lack of credibility you are burdened with. You will be judged according to your subject matter and experience..

But if you wannado it, who am i to say you shouldnt, just giving you some things to consider before you choose...

14. I highly doubt having your paper rejected would void your years of college credits, so what would it hurt to try? I would demand sufficient reasoning as to why my paper was rejected. It is clear that marijuana has medicinal value, therefore they have no basis for the rejection. I don't understand why all these people are telling OP not to present this paper.

15. associates in sciences? With what emphasis?

Also, what state are you in op?

16. lol after finishing all of your classes, you have to convince someone to let you graduate? sounds like a terrible school.

17. I would probably say go ahead and submit it, however, be prepared for a rewrite.

18. Sufficient reasoning? How about federal money the school recieves. It is one thing to look the other way it is a whole other to accept an active advocate of something against the federal law when at the same time you receive federal money.

19. It's not a matter of hypocrisy, it's a matter of presenting a reasonable argument. If the council denies his paper for reason beyond this, that is grounds for a lawsuit.

20. Go for it dude. This isnt high school, your in college were you are taught to push the limits and challenge norms. If you present your paper in a credible non combative way then you should be fine, and if they do reject the paper then they better have one hell of a good explanation cause im pretty sure it is grounds for a lawsuit.