Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College Toking Help!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BeachStoner69, Apr 5, 2012.

1. what are the cons of smoking in college? does it affect memory loss or is that just a myth? whats are you guys opinion?

2. only con is if you get caught your fucked (generally)

3. I dont think it affects my memory loss more than I just naturally forget... it does make it hard for me to want to do homework or study if I'm high so I dont smoke if I have shit to do

4. DO NOT smoke at college. If you are on college property, you will suffer EXTREME memory loss :laughing:

5. Memory loss? Ehh After I smoke for like a month straight and stop, I get alot more memories.

6. It doesn't really result in memory loss. There are plenty of intelligent people in college who smoke daily and get rather high grades.

Not that I'm saying weed makes you smarter.. XD

7. if your caught you are ineligible for financial aid for a year. that is your FAFSA you are ineligible for which makes you pretty much ineligible for all scholarships aswell.

8. I think that the memory loss controversy has many valid points.

It seems as if each person has different effects from this plant, memory loss is one of those. I am fortunate enough to have little to none memory loss when I'm not on a t-break.

9. I don't really lose memory while I'm high. Like, when I'm super duper blazed for that 5 minute peak I can't remember shit, but usually I'm good.

It can make me a little less motivated, sometimes I'll miss class. Its also a 40 minute drive to my university so that contributes.

10. Yes smoking weed fucks with my memory. I can say that marijuana has affected my short term memory. When I take a break from smoking, my memory gradually returns. And yes it is very risky to smoke on a campus, now you know why everyone wants an appartment haha

11. i toke like everyday at night...only times i dont smoke are nights before test cause im usually up studying till late anyways

12. all i can say is, good luck finding the remote on a regular basis

13. lost my remote the first month of being in my dorm, didnt find it until a month before i moved out:rolleyes:. such a bitch lol.

14. I've been hangin' in there pretty good.:cool:

15. The largest problem with smoking while in college is that u can fall into a rut of doing shit all really easily. as said most of the time, some people can handle doing shit high and others cant. i can go to class high and learn, but cant do homework high. so everyone is different. some might only be able to do it at party's or night when they don't have anything to do. but this is mainly to deal with the fact of while you are high and your ability to work while stoned. as far as im aware smoking has no effect on memory. maybe some short term stuff like where your keys are, but i can perfectly remember my lectures baked so yea.

16. Yeah as a lot of people have said already, smoking in college (pretty much just your freshman year in the dorms) can be dangerous in the sense that the consequences for getting caught are very severe and can effect your education career permanently.

However, on the mental health part of your question: In my personal experience, smoking in my freshman year wasnt too big of a deal. I would only smoke at night time past like 9 oclock during the schoolweek and whenever on the weekend. I would make sure all of my school work that needed to be done for the next class was done and i had studied sufficiently for any test. I avoided all smoking the day/night before a midterm or final because i believe that you retain information far more effectively if you stay sober the night before. This is just my advice though, just remember to toke responsibly and study for your tests!