College thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by bigwardof, Dec 16, 2018.

1. I have a chance to go back to college, and I am thinking about a Music Degree. I take drum lessons and there's a Percussion degree. I would like to be able to play in a band when I get out of school to make money. The other music degree would be about getting to live like Wiz Khalifa. Toking and doing music. I don't toke currently, so I don't know how I would feel about navigating my life (being inspired). I want to enjoy a fun life, doing what I love which was Marijuana.

2. Without weed, we wouldn't even KNOW wiz khalifa..

3. You don't need a degree in percussion to be a drummer in a band. There's not a ton of money in music unless you get big enough to tour.

You can do alright with local gigs but you're splitting it multiple ways and it's way easier to get gigs as a cover band than it is playing originals but nobody ever made it big playing covers...

• Like Like x 1
  4. pipe dreams
    Learn a trade.. Learn to code..

5. Some people make it. The smart thing to do is both learn a trade and express yourself creatively. Because you'll have a good, fulfilling life either way and then if you don't make it you can say "at least I tried and had fun doing it."

Don't want to grow old wondering what if...

• Like Like x 1
  6. ..it growls out the pain..and suffering..

7. What music degree let’s you toke and get rich?

• Like Like x 1