College students asks Obama about Drugs & Hookers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Blades,

Change that Obama can't believe in :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqIxrDaBlHU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Student to Obama: Legalize Drugs, Prostitution to Stimulate the Economy[/ame]

2. Wow, Obama is such a clown. He didn't even respond to what the kid asked. Fucking rude if you ask me.

3. "The truth is, when you look at our economy, that we went from being agricultural-industrial-information..."

So what does this have to do with decriminalizing non-violent "crimes"?

What a lame answer.

I hate how everybody laughs at the question, and if I were the kid I would have been a little more serious about it / pissed at Obama's weak response.

4. Racist.

Also racist.

Pure racism.

Everyone here is racist. Your racism is overwhelming and mind blowing.

I can't believe there is so much racism. RACISM. RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, what a bullshit answer. The kid should have asked Obama if he wanted to hit some lines of blow with him.

5. Yeah, this particularly aggravated me too, because the crowd and Obama were effectively patronizing his question, which in my view was a legitimate question. I think the kid came off as a little stand-offish because he knew what kind of response he'd get from the masses (laughing, etc), so he may have subconsciously been affected by that, not that I'm trying to excuse him.

But honestly, why not legalize these things? Gambling can totally screw someone over, granted, but that's a conscious decision that a person makes. He is free to take that gamble, so why shouldn't he be able to? Prostitution, same concept. Yeah, you might get an STD, but that's a risk someone knowingly takes with nearly any sexual partner. It takes two consenting people to orchestrate these types of exchanges (which is also true for gambling and drugs), so why shouldn't they be free to do so? No point commenting on drugs since it's a no-brainer in my view.

Obama's answer wasn't even in relation to what the kid asked, in any case. The question was just laughed/shrugged off, made light of, and then forgotten about as Obama used the opportunity to get a few cheap laughs and roll out the red-carpet for rhetoric. He's a good politician, I'll give him that - though that isn't a compliment.

6. So basically nobody should try to create new products because manufacturing will soon become worthless.

7. Yea, this is their best defense though. Ignoring the question makes it seem like that issue is somehow invalid. I just don't understand why everyone their was laughing at the kid's question. It was perfectly reasonable question and that idiot on stage didn't even address it.

8. I thought the kid should have just addressed legalizing cannabis. He hit him with too many vices at the same time.

9. They're all based around the same fundamental principle--victimless actions which require free choice to occur.

10. I also hate how he completely avoided the question. It seems that Obama does this a lot. When a question comes up that he does not know how to answer, or does not want to say the wrong thing, he just blows it off with his speaking skills.

11. #11 TheDankery, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
    Why is the kid laughing after asking the question? I mean, who is going to take your question seriously if you smirk and giggle about it?

I don't know who comes off as a bigger douchebag, the kid for having the chance to ask the president something and squandering the opportunity with a half-assed, giggly question; or the president for laughing it off then talking about some other unrelated shit.

I'll go with the later.

12. Oh...agreed. Just need to work them one at a time... I thought it was too much at once.

13. God Damnit, eveything in fucking America is a comedy it seems.

14. You guys are really mad about this, huh?

I bet even if he did have a legit answer for that question you guys would still find it ludicrous that he did something moral.

15. ^lol:hello:

but on a serious note. thats fucking weak.

16. He handled it like any politician would: like it was a joke.

Regardless of whether or not the trifecta of "victimless crimes" should or should not be legalized, those are not issues the mainstream takes seriously. So Obama, pandering to the mainstream, does not take those issues seriously.

17. That kid should have asked Obama after that stupid 'answer', if manufacturing is so 2 centuries ago, why did he put tariffs on Chinese tires? I'd like to see Obama weasel his way out of that question.

18. (in my toker voice)Hey, hey

you guys ..wanna know.. what's even funnier??

BARACK OBAMA IS RELATED TO BOTH DICK CHENEY AND GEORGE BUSH!! :p

But when you spell out their names, only Barack gets that red-line underneath it which indicates that it's being misspell-ed. Iono?

19. We have found the difference between Obama and Bush

When someone asks Bush a tricky question, he mumbles and stutters for a while before coming out with something like "I liek chocolate milk!", making himself look a complete idiot. Obama mumbles and stutters for a while before pulling a good joke and rambling on about something completely irrelevant, hoping his charm and elegance will make everyone forget about the actual fucking question.

As someone already mentioned, Obama is a good politician. Ok, cut that, Obama is a brilliant politician, one of the best I have seen in years. Meaning that, Obama is a perfect example of what a politician needs to be; a damn good lieyer (fuck not using spellcheck), and a sympathetic person on the surface, good at fooling people.

20. That was the lamest answer ever. Im still waiting for Obama to fix this recession, or at least show a bit in the right direction.