College Student summer job ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by Blaze_It_Up420, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Well I currently attend Umass Dartmouth with a criminal justice major. The past 2 summers ive worked at the local YMCA and loved it but the pay really sucks, 6.75 an hour and this summer I really need money.

I'm open to all suggestions about summer jobs with 10+/hour . I wouldassume me being a college student would open some doors for harder jobs or something.

Any one had any expierence or ideas?

2. you could wait tables. with tips, ata cheap mexican restaurant where the average plate costs 8 bucks, i never made less than 10 bucks an hour. i averaged 15-20, with the occasional 30-40 dollar night.

3. you ever think of landscaping?

4. Well you know what they say about assuming. Data entry pays pretty good if you can get into that.

5. If you really have to have 10 bucks an hour I'd say landscaping or construction.

If you can settle for a little less i'd say get a job at a restaurant, start out as dishwasher and maybe you can move up to prep cook. There are always good weed hookups at restaurants.

6. def do landscaping... you get to be outside, get buff and tan... while getting paid mad loot. plus contractors are usually pretty chill bosses. a completely unrelated sidebar: landscapers/roofers/guys working outside in the summer with their shirts off really does it for me. hope i havent said too much :p

7. Greens keeper at a nice golf country club..Get blazed and ride on your nice mower..If you like to golf free golf..I was a lifeguard...Nice scenery and easy as fuck..Construction u could make decent money, harder work but you'd also learn a trade..

8. haha midwest i love that sig fuckin presidential byrdgang HAHAHA oh man.

9. Thanks man! One of my buddies sent it to me..I though it was the shiznit..:eek:

10. ya i think im going to try and be a life guard, but thats cause when i was a kid my parents made me take a bunch of swimming classes. i gotta get a few certificates, but i think they make some good bank. and ill be outside all day gettin to look at girlies

11. be a valet at a restraunt or hospital thats what i do and the pay ranges from 80-150$ a night depending on how busy we are

12. dude I say be a "pool guy/boy" for sure.. thats what im doing this summer. you get mad milf pussy and buying your own products to do the jobs isnt that expensive. my friend who does it makes damn good money with all the clients hes got and occasionally gets a milf to hook up... :D

13. Lifeguard's better when you're in high school and can work your way up... starting pay for lifeguarding sucks but the job is easy as fuck and yeah titties and lots of them... free food too if its like a country club...

14. I'm a caddy and there are alot of older college kids who go there to make some easy cash. its my 3rd year of caddying and im making an average of 20 dollars an hour.

15. Do you need to know anything about golf? Cause im clueless

16. I would say that you should kill two birds with one stone. Get a job that is both fun and that will help you in interviews after you graduate. I was a camp counselor for two summers and there was plenty to say about that when it came time for me to interview. The problem with that is you don't get paid jack shit. As far as actually making money you'll have to find something that you are good at and hope for a leadership position. Any future employer will see that as a plus. food for thought

17. Construction. I do all types of contract work and make 10 a hour under the table.