Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College, money, weed, and how to make them work together

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lifted4life, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hey grasscity I need some advice from someone who's been in my situation before. I already used the search function, but did not find what I was looking for really....so here goes. Essentially I'm in college, I have a magic flight lb, and I vape all day. Haha so I am running out of weed at a rate of like a gram a week (limiting myself, I could be smoking it out of my bowl and using more), toking during the week and drinking on the weekends. I am low on cash, and my parents monitor my debit card....so does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get money? Obviously I can get a job, and I am looking into it....but I have a tight schedule too. I know someone has to have been in this situation before, so what did you do? I also considered getting the money from my parents (like 20 a week for an activity....just what could I tell them?). Suggestions would be awesome so post whatever you got. Thanks:smoking::cool:

2. Intramural sports activity fee? They aren't competitive and even sometimes only one night a week so check and see if you could ask them for money for that.

3. Hey bro, I ran into this problem freshman year, I fixed it by not smoking every day, and taking 1 week t-breaks at least once a month to keep my tolerance low. I would run through about 1g every 1.5 weeks. Just make sure to tell yourself that you need to limit yourself. Remember, YOU smoke marijuana, don't let the marijuana smoke you. :) If you need more advice, you can go ahead and message me, and I'll sub to this thread. :D

4. you can get a credit card. or pan handle. probably should just get the CC. but beware of credit card debt! BEWARE!!!

5. find something part time with flexible hours, on campus or close by

6. I'm in the same situation. I picked up an ounce before I left. Now it's almost gone. I always match with ppl from the stoner frat and usually smoke 4-5g grams per session (1-2 times a day, everyday). Thankfully I usually just match like 2 bowls then they pack a ton with hash oil on top. Ima run out money quick. I just deal with that when it comes aha. Till then, smoke hard!

7. Take out a loan

And begin the vicious cycle of life.

8. work study? or become a secretary/assistant at your school, its usually only a few hours

9. Cut out weed.

10. The key is to take your classes as early as possible... Mine are all between 10 and 3... Leaves the rest of my day open for work or socializing. Don't even bother with your debit card considering it's monitored. I'd say if you do start working, don;t deposit any of it.. just cash each check so your parents never know how much you have on hand...As for getting money soon to finance bud, take up and interest or at least make it look like you are... something constructive that your parents don't mind or would even advocate... i like working with my hands (fixing shit, making shit...whatever) so i had my parents toss me a couple hundred for tools and stuff like that... You may not get that much but find a hobby and use it as a front for your weed money... your parents give you money thinking it's for the hobby and you invest a portion of it into the hobby and embezzle the rest for your personal pleasure.

Good luck.

11. Buy a pair of shoes and return them the next day. For cash. Works like a charm.

12. I ran into this problem my first year and for the following 2 years...blow your money on weed and booze.

It will be worth it. Being at college is like being at Disney World for young adults.:hello:

Why is getting a job not an option though? That would be easiest solution even if you only work 1-2 days a week

13. Your best bet would be a part-time job, something not too stressful. I'm in the same situation as you and I know it can be hard to manage school and work but you can do like me and only do something like 8 hours a week. And it's definitely a plus to have money coming in on a regular basis with no strings attached, and leaving the parents out of it.
    Good luck! :)

14. #14 Pulser, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    if you can do something like slowly take money out of your bank account and save up $320 or whatever an oz costs where you are, then you can just buy an oz every 4-5 days or whatever, smoke on it while you flip it and youll make all your money back and essentially smoke for free

i smoke about a half 8th a day by myself and this method works for me

15. Not suppose to talk about this. But since we are, do this. it reallys works really well at college with every kid buy a g every couple days.

16. The answer is simple...sell trees. I came down here with an oz., I smoke at least 2-3g a day out of my bowl or with joints, and I'm coming out a little on the green. You don't have to sell mad trees, just to a few friends who like to smoke and you can smoke for free all day, everyday. It's the life.

17. Get a job at Walmart! hands down best job for college kid man...work around your schedule and shit and they dont give a fuck about drugs really

18. Don't deal... It's not as easy as it sounds... If you start you are forever associated with weed by the people you dealt to.

That's not a title most people wanna have.

19. Deal or no deal?
    I say deal!

20. haha word the best are the "2g kids"