Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College Majors for Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DSher2k13, Jan 3, 2013.

1. What are some college majors that would be able to work in the marijuana industry? For example would an environmental engineer be able to work in the newly legalized marijuana industry in Colorado or Washington? Seems like the job force should definitely get a boost from the legalization.

2. There's going to be a college strictly for the study of marijuana in i believe Humbolt County. I'm sure some of the west coasters know more about it then i do.

and i haven't a clue to your question but if you go to such a college i am sure they would set you up nicely.

3. you can do basically anything with any degree...
    most people dont even work in their field of study....

study what you enjoy and what makes you happy.
    if working in the marijuana industry is meant to happen, then it will happen.

dont try and study botany because you think itd be "heady."
    study what makes you happy...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nicely said.

5. ^ it was even written in a verse like style

6. You may be able to get a job in the marijuana industry as an environmental engineer but it would be very difficult to get such a specific job, especially if you are fresh out of college with no experience. I doubt there are many jobs involving marijuana and environmental engineering. You could major in agriculture. That would set you up to own your own farm or something like that. I would recommend agricultural engineering. You could develop new ways to grow, optimize existing methods of growing, experiment with different chemicals and fertilizers, create new strains. The possibilities are endless and I think this field will be a fast growing one with legalization happening. Who knows, maybe you could find a way to grow buds that produce 30 to 40% THC. That would be badass.

7. beat me to it

8. You want a real fucking marijuana degree?
    Professor Sprout, the Herbology Professor, could help you out. That's right, Harry Potter style bitches. You know that bitch and Hagrid are bogging up them damn woods.

9. Study agriculture and focus on plant science. You can get pretty much wherever you want in the industry with some training like this.

10. basic electricity and hvac would probably be useful...Imho knowing how to build a growroom is just as important as knowing how to grow. Having knowledge in both areas is invaluable.

11. [quote name='"whiteice15"']There's going to be a college strictly for the study of marijuana in i believe Humbolt County. I'm sure some of the west coasters know more about it then i do.

and i haven't a clue to your question but if you go to such a college i am sure they would set you up nicely.[/quote]

Not a college, but part of Humboldt state university

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/art...sity-launches-first-marijuana-research-center

12. Poli Sci to get it legalized.
    Botany to grow it.
    Business to sell it.

You can triple major I guess.

:)

• Like Like x 1

13. ^ I'd go for a Law degree as well, mine as well make it a Quadruple threat.

14. Dude, I forgot about Professor Sprout. And I bet if anyone in Harry Potter smoked it would be Hagrid. That's awesome.

15. Go study anything they teach in Kingsville lol Its the school of agriculture.

16. The only thing I can think of is either botany or business.but youre not gnna get a job in the industry with those.its all about who you know