College level essays?

Discussion in 'General' started by Verdurous, Feb 28, 2013.

1. If you're in college, post your essay questions! Whatever you're working on now, essays you've done earlier this year, anything that's assigned but isn't due yet, etc. I'm just curious as to what intellectual questions you guys are being asked as college students.

:smoke:

The last essay I had to write was on the Electoral College for my Problems in American Politics class. I wrote in disfavor of the system and greatly emphasized the fact that many of its original intentions are outdated. I was required to write a brief overview of the system for half a page and then write another one and a half pages of opinion. I'm a sophomore PolySci/Pre-Law major working on my Associate of Science Transfer Degree.

2. Don't get essays per se; regularly get presentations however; i've had one on the visit of Henry III of England to Paris in the 1250s in the medieval module, The Sun newspaper (a British tabloid) in the 'Press in a foreign language' and I have to do one on the English Labour party in the contemporary history module.

I'm making the most of studying my own national history whilst here in a French uni. Plus it's easy marks ;)

Other than that, it's tests or detailed plans for essays that we have to hand in...

3. The last essay I wrote, I had to create a monster in a form of media and then write about how the technical qualities of that respective media influenced my creation of the monster.

4. the last essay I wrote was about Eminem. lol seriously. and my professor is gay. I'll post it here if anyone is interested in reading it

5. Actually, tomorrow I'm starting a paper on medicinal uses for "recreational" drugs. I'm citing the hell out of Granny's List

6. Sure, I'll read it! lol :smoke:

That's awesome!

7. I wrote an essay on why gun laws are unfair to law abiding citizens once. Got a D on it.

Every other paper in the class I got an A, B, or a C on. I only got a C once. I showed the prof the essay before finishing it and she said "you're on a good track. Keep going with this and you should get a good grade"

But I got a D.....I was so pissed. All the other essays I literally BULLSHITTED.....took my fancy time and got real in depth with my arguments on the last one.....I actually was like damn this is a good essay. But I got a D....I was so pissed lol

8. i am good at writing college essays. i get A's every single time..i think the lowest grade i ever got on an essay for college was a 92.5, which actually is a B in my college's grading scale. the most recent one i wrote was about the use of drugs/lcohol in organizations for my principles of management class

although i did have 3 due for business law on thursday, i had to draft a 1 page rental lease. got a 100. had 2 more questions from the book. got 100s. lol. my grade in the class is a 94 A. the tests fuck me over.

9. Last actual paper I wrote was on the economical impact of outsourcing jobs on a country, I've got a paper that will be coming up around finals time on the electoral college as well for an poli sci class as well:p

10. #11 pearl75, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    Community college. One of the last essays I had to write was called an 'I Believe' essay. We had to write about something we truly believed in. Mine was titled I Believe in Cartoons. It was about all the things I had learned over the years just from watching cartoons. My teacher liked it so much she had it published in the school paper. Of all the essays I've had to write over the years, I'd say that one was my favorite. It was filled with nostalgia about old Looney Tunes cartoons, Tom and Jerry, and even Sponge Bob. I think it helped that I allowed myself to get pretty personal with it, talking about memories of watching cartoons with my grandmother, and the way she would explain the lesson to be learned from the cartoon. There's probably a copy of it laying around somewhere, but I couldn't tell ya where.

11. #12 CrazyDiamond20, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    I just got finished writing an argument summary on the origins of marijuana prohibition in Mexico and how those policies influenced the US model as Isaac Campos argues in "Home Grown". It's for my "Drugs and Booze in Mexican Society" course, i'm a history major.

12. I just cracked out a 10,000 word dissertation on Critical Discourse Analysis - or more accurately, language, power and ideology (ideology in this field referring to hegemony). It's all for an English Language degree -_- Hoping to get a reasonable degree, though it's probably a pile of shit. Fingers crossed!

Now got 3 more 3,000 word essays covering critical stylistics, pragmatics and discourse in humor.
    Horrible.

13. All the essay topics I get are just stupid.
    Example: 20 page essay on the history of doorknobs (Didn't really happen but it was as bad as this)

14. One of the last essays I had to write was last semester - native american literature. it involved reading some essays and then comparing/contrasting them.

The last presentation I had was a 25min lecture on hubble law and the evidence for the acceleration of the universe's expansion.

15. #16 JetLifeStoney, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    here's the Eminem essay, it's not perfect but I did manage to get an A on it lol

Attached Files:

• gc.doc
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views: