college is a shitty experience for me

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoueyGG, Nov 7, 2013.

1. I don't have a car (can't get a license because my parents mispelled my fuckin name on my name on my ID and doesn't match my SS. Have to pay 600 to get it fixed and wait months.) I take fucking crowded public transportation every day and I have to wake up hours before class start to get to school. My parents believe I shouldn't have a fucking job and support myself since they think jobs are a distraction. I'm always freakin broke.(don't even have a fuckin cellphone) I had surgery a few weeks back and missed a shitload of school work. I like to listen to music and do work on my online math course on the computer but nope my father believes I'm a computer addict so he takes away the fuckin computer now I have to take the bus to the school computer lab to work on my shit. Asking my father for school books is like trying to get him to buy me a bugatti. He hates spending money even though he's more than financially capable to. So is this all college has to offer for me? Or is it something all freshmen go thru.

2. It's your parents making it difficult for you. When you start making your own money, you can start taking control of your own life more. Your parents seem controlling and weird. Never heard of a parent telling their kid that they shouldn't get a job, I've always heard it the other way around. Seems like they don't want you making your own decisions.

3. #3 Bamboobam, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    You need to find a job that will help you. I am in the same boat. Student, intern, and I work part-time. I don't have a lot of money and it's better than nothing. I wake up earlier to get to school too. Reason being is that my college is in a downtown area with shitty parking (fees are outrageous). So I park about 10 min. away to a spot where parking is free, get my bmx bike and bike to school. It fucking sucks and I am so glad I only have to do this for 2 more semester since I will be done next fall. My semester's not going that well either. I had a lot happen over the semester with stress and anxiety piled on top of that. I never had this problem before and I think it's because I put a lot on my plate without realizing how hard things would be. More than likely, I am going to bs but actually put some effort into my bs so I can make a decent grade (at least a low B or a high C) since I know I won't make any high grades

4. #4 JetzFlyHigh, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    sounds like they just want you to do good in college, but they have the wrong approach. having a job helps you more than the actual classes at college. a job teaches you how the real world works and it teaches you decipline and what it takes to succeed. books don't teach you that. sure what you learn at college is needed to get a better job, but having the correct mindset and attitude to have a better job is also very important (wich you get from having a part time job right now).
    talk to your parents and try to convince them to let you get a job. or apply for a job on the campus and don't tell your parents. so you will be able to work when you are not in class and it will be on the campus so they won't know.

good luck bro.

5. Damn $600 to fix your license? ?? Wtf!?? I have to pay $35 and that's still a lot for me fuck where you from man?

For my birthday buy me a politician

6. If your'e over 18 then just tell them to fuck off.

7. your parents sound like miserable cheapskates, get out of there.

yeah and he's living under his roof and they pay for everything. uhhh no.

op move the fuck out.

9. Try reason with them first, moving out,getting a job to paying the bills at the same time doing well in school can overfill your plate. Especially if you're broke right now. Public transportation is probably something you're going to have to live with , but maybe you can try adapt to this situation and study certain subjects. Bring your laptop to school or go to the library or the nearest public library to do your math homework. 

10. Tell them if they don't want you working then they better be willing to pay for your necessary things

11. so screw your parents and get a job. you obviously need money, and they arent helping, so do it. sounds like all your parents are doing is holding you back. command your own life dude. if doing work on an online course is "computer addicted", them im sorry to be so disrespectful but it sounds like your parents are complete fuckwits with major control issues.

in short, if no ones helping, take matters into your own hands and do what YOU think is best for you.

good luck mang

12. Time to grow up, get out.

Moving out of you parents house is like jumping in a lake, time to start swimming.

13. You should test them by saying this girl you been talkin to....... offered you to stay at her house and she will pay for everything, and you can get a job to pay for your school. Just run it by them and see what they say.... I bet they freak out

14. Quit being a pussy. Poor people in other countries wish dearly for an education.

15. #15 Fëanor, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    I was going to say something similar but put it in nicer terms.

You don't have it that bad, OP.  It isn't the most fun thing in the world but it will be worth it.  There will be a day where you look back and laugh at your dad taking your computer privileges away and how much it stressed you out.

My advice would be to work out a deal with your parents.  If you get grades up to XYZ standard for the next semester, then they should let you get a part time job without bitching at you for it.  Then you can get money for things like a cell phone, maybe even a laptop.

16. #16 Bamboobam, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    I agree with the latter part of your post. However, I don't think calling him a pussy was necessary. A lot of young kids don't exactly know how to handle themselves and are actually still finding themselves in college. Give him a break and be more helpful instead of critical.

17. #17 Bamboobam, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    He shouldn't have to "ask"/ get permission from his parents for a job. He's a grown man. Once he does what he wants to make his own way, his parents won't have to give him money for school so they can stop bitching. Also, it will teach him discipline of balancing different things and working hard for what he wants. I don't even ask my parents for money at all for school since I work and pay for my books and some tuition fees out of pocket every semester. Cuts down on costs a lot and it's my education, so I am paying for what I want to pay for.

18. #18 CMGarcia55, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    How the hell can a parent misspell their own kid's name? They gave you that name and chose the spelling that goes along with it. Talk about shitty parents.

19. Bro honestly it sounds like they want you dependent on them. If they sheltered you alot then they might just be holding on too you and dont want to see you grow up and leave

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. They just don't want their "baby" to grow up. Are you an only child op? You need to tell your parents that you're an adult and should be treated as such.