College Idiot Weed Situation

Discussion in 'General' started by Backwords3, Feb 7, 2013.

1. i'm in a really shitty situation. im a freshman at a state college in massachusetts (weed is decriminalized). last semester my roomate told on me for smoking in the dorm and i got a hundred dollar fine for possesion. the security at my school is insane and the cops are all over like they're an infestation here. anyway, most kids who get caught with weed here get kicked out of housing. i would have been too, but i wrote an extremely persuasive appeal letter and miraculously was allowed to stay. Now here's where shit gets fucked up. i was taking a walk last night to clear my head, i wasnt smoking or planning on smoking but i had a gram of weed on me. i walked onto the train tracks where a lot of kids from my school go to smoke. next thing i know an undercover cop pulls out his badge and starts questioning me. i was doing a good job with talking to him and thought he would leave me alone, but i wasnt so lucky. they frisked me (tho im not sure he even had probable cause) and found the weed. now at this point im thinking "fuck, im gonna be expelled no doubt about it" because it wouldve been my 2nd time violating the drug free policy. but the cop offered to let me off clean if i snitched on the kid i bought off of.
    i didnt want to. i resisted it for a half hour while he tried to convince me. and like an asshole i eventually sold my soul to the devil and agreed.
    he wants me to pick up off this kid so he can get info and then bust him.
    i dont want to do that anymore. i am dying of guilt and im planning on not helping the cop and accepting the fine if thats possible.
    i dont want to be expelled however because my home life is really shitty and would only get shittier. i am thinking of dropping out before they can expel me and moving in with a friend and working. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can keep the kid from getting in trouble, or where i can go from here? should i drop out? please feel free to curse me out for being a snitch. i think snitching is absolutely detestable and low as fuck.

2. Snitches get...:cool:

3. Damn dude. My heart sinks for you.....

4. Yeah, that frisking he did is called a "Terry Stop and Frisk" and it's legal, although it's supposed to be for the purpose of securing a cop's safety through patting you down to feel for any obvious weapons. There's an inherent loop hole in the law though: a cop can just claim that he thought that weed he felt was a weapon. However, unless you gave him consent at that moment to go through your pockets, it can be thrown out in court.

Read and understand your rights.

Stop & Frisk: Terry v. Ohio | Flex Your Rights

5. [quote name='OscarZetaAcosta']Snitches get...:cool:[/
    i know man, i wish someone would give me stitches right now

6. He didnt have probable cause it seems like. But that blows, It seems like a lose-lose situation.
    You could have lied and told him you bought it in the city or something. Then again could ofs won't do anything now.
    If you snitch though people might find out...and if you don't then it looks like your getting kicked out
    Well, good luck man I hope it works out well

7. so if i brought up in court the fact that he frisked me and went in my pockets without consent, could that potentially help me at all?

8. Did you ever verbalize that you did not consent to a search?

9. " 5. Police cannot conduct frisks for the purpose of discovering evidence other than weapons. The Supreme Court has ruled that suspicious items other than weapons retain their Fourth Amendment protection during a frisk. This means that if a police officer claims that soft objects in your pocket feel like drugs, the objects cannot be further investigated without your consent."

10. no unfortunately. i did show him the insides of my pants and jacket pockets before he searched me tho. he asked if i had anything on me and i had nothing in my pockets so i showed him. the weed was in a medicine bottle on a pocket on the inside of my jacket, near my chest

11. I've Got all kinds of ways to beat this but they're scandalous and I'm an inch away from a ban. Sorry I can't help you.

12. i asked the cop afterwards if he had had probable cause and he sort of avoided the question. he said something like "listen we could get in a legal debate if you want but the time machine aint workin today"

13. He dosnt need prob cause to frisk you. Look up terry stop. He searches you for "his saftey" while talking to you. Fucking stupid

14. The way US law is set up, you have to verbally invoke your rights. The police depend on people not doing so, and that's why they get away with so much bullshit. He knows that he violated your rights, but he wasn't about to admit that to you.

Always, always tell them that you do not consent to a search of your person or your belongings. Let them bring the dogs in if they want, even if you know you're holding and a dog will find whatever you have.

Since you did not verbally invoke your rights, this would probably be looked at as a matter of consent in a court.

15. damn, well, cant change the past. thanks for the advice anyway though.

16. No problem. Now you know for the future :wave:

17. Okay, 1. Your roommate who snitched is a fucking prick, for real. And deserves to get his ass beat.

2. Searching you for no cause is legal? Fuck that. Ask the cop why he wants you to search him. Tell him 5th amendment. You have rights.

3. Don't fucking snitch. Even if you're backed up in a corner and have no choice, give a name of someone who fucked you over. I got out of 16 counts and only got possession because I gave a name, but it was of some dude who ripped me off $100. Sooo yeah.

18. Would it work if you get a hold of the kid that sold you weed, tell him to ditch everything that he possesses that is related to dope, and then go try to buy a bag? You can just say he's quit dealing? Idk man, thats all I got :/

19. #19 rain dancer, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Lmao^

[​IMG]

20. Just don't give your dealer up no matter what. A girl where I live had the same situation happen to her and she snitched and now nobody will talk to her and she is hated amongst anybody who smokes. Don't get on the cops level! Snitches will be snitches, just don't be one.