College, I can't even.....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420pigeon, Mar 17, 2012.

1. And you love the stress of a deadline, don't you? Admit it!

I was the same way in high school. I loved journalism. But when looking at career options, I was like awe fuck no! I'm not doing that for the rest of my life lol.

2. I think it's like that for everyone man. Im not very fond of college and considering once I get out I want to start my own business and just be an entrepreneur but if that fails and I didn't go to college I have no back up plan. For me getting a degree is just a back up plan. The only thing really keeping me from dropping out is that and the fact that there are so many hot bitches. Literally everywhere. This is also the literally where the best times of your life are lived going to parties and all. After college it's just job come home pay bills and repeat. Enjoy the free ride (tuition) and just tough it out man. Enjoy yourself.

3. Yeah the best part of college is the eye candy, especially in spring and summer...

I'm lazy as hell. Besides school I sit on my ass and smoke all day playing videogames. I really have no interest in any kind of career. Unless I could get paid to grow and smoke weed.

4. What an all-star you are. Its one thing to be a pot head, its another thing to be completely useless.

If youre looking for advice, dont ask this guy.

5. Start your own business

6. [quote name='"hotzepopze"']Idk how u couldn't like college man.. there's so many girls at this community college my friend goes to and sometimes I go with him and sit in class and listen to the teacher and after an hour and 30 of that u get like a whole hour break (depending on ur classes) afterwards we walk around and talk to people and just enjoy ourselves.. I know I don't have the school work to do but still college is just chill all around.

Do u hate the work or something? Shit I hated highschool school work but now that I'm out I wished I would have worked harder and graduated 2 years earlier like I was supposed to. School is hard man.. but life is life and sometimes u gotta do shit u don't want too yeah know? I have no idea what I wanna do in college so I plan on taking some classes that just peak my interest like philosophy or psychology or criminology.. there's all kinds of classes u can take so try taking something u enjoy.. more variety so ur not bored out of ur mind and u don't feel forced to take classes u don't want to that u need for ur major.

Sounds like u don't like any of the other kids there.. I loved just walking around and meeting new people. U need to get friends at college in ur class so the college life is a little more enjoyable.. people are all the same when u look at them in the masses.. try to actually get to know some college people.. look for the really cute girls that sit in the Library all the time doing work.. those are the girls that have goals in life and they can keep a convo.[/quote]

Crimonology?

7. The point of college is that you hacked it out for 4-5 years. That you accomplished a major task and overcame a large obstacle. Later in life you will run into big challenges and look back on that degree and be like " Well I was able to pull that off, I should be able to handle this current problem no sweat." A major aspect of college is learning to think, learning to bust your ass doing bullshit you don't want to do. Potential employers are gonna see that degree and know that you can handle large amounts of bullshit, because that is what work is large amounts of bullshit with small amounts of worthwhile cool shit sprinkled throughout. I almost dropped out and I would have been a homeless bum. Now I am in the process of lining up a job when I graduate. Just hack it out man. When you have that degree, then you can do what you want. It would be better to have that degree to fall back on. Four years is not a very long time.