College Exams Suck

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokinGurl, May 4, 2009.

1. :eek:After spending the past 39 hours awake, I am utterly exhausted. Thank god for coffee. I have 5 classes, so 5 exams. It just feels like a million things to do in a week. Ick. Im going home and crashing now.

2. good luck on your finals

i just took my first one, which was criminal justice. needless to say, i destroyed it. i finished in 10 minutes and i would be surprised if i didn't get 100%

3. Just got back from my speech final, which was luckily only a speech; no written exam.

Got a 100% on it, feeling pretty good. Only have two more exams left and I'm done for this semester :hello:

4. I only have three final exams during exam week, but I also have a flash movie to get done, a flash skyscraper ad to finish up, a final oil painting, and three water color paintings.

mind you all of that shit is due tomorrow.
    s'gon be a fun never going to sleep tonight.

Good luck to everyone with exams, though

5. i took my finals the 3rd week of the semester :p i told my professors that i didnt want to go to class everyday, and that after looking through the syllabus, i knew all the material. so they gave me the midterm and final and i GOT THE FUCK OUTTA DODGE. :hello:

so glad i did that, because now i have a job; making bank and buying mass amounts of cannabis.

but i feel you about all the stress. the key is getting good sleep, because that will keep you more focused than 39 continuous hours of a coffee driven inferno.

6. My exams are really late... June 15th is my last one. I can't wait because once I'm done with school here I can move into an apartment with my girlfriend and two best friends

7. #7 flowerchild, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009

addy helps too ;) I never take it but today's the day :D

how the hell did you manage to convince your prof's that?? that is THE SHIT.
    my classes were pretty easy this semester, but i got fucked because my mom was hospitalized and ive had to take care of her right before/during finals and missed reviews and shit :(

A in anthropology, already took the final :hello:
    IDK what I have in Educational Technology, teacher said the to memorize the quizzes for the final, so I did & WHAT A FUCKING BITCH none of them were even on the final, it was all different. Think I did good anyway, but refer back to the print in caps....

I have my college algebra final tomorrow :( I'm so nervous, and I HAVE to do good. I have a C in the class now, so it's fuckin' crunch time after lunch and GC time :laughing:

Thursday I have my spanish final which is going to be easy hopefully, and after that I AM DONEZO :D

anyway,
    this SHOULD be my last post of the day becausee I need to get my ass in gear, so if you blades see me postin', beat my ass! :devious:

8. I was in Calc III, Organic Chemistry/Lab , Microbiology/Lab, and some stupid Honors seminar.

I was comfortable with the material in all of my classes, so I asked if I could test out early... and I did.

4.0 for my first year of college w00t!

and yeah, adderall is great in moderation, its good when you need to study but just cant find the drive/motivation to get your shit done. i was prescribed to that shit for 5 years, and it helps alot, but it also makes you feel like shit if you take enough. its legal speed.

9. ew yeah I took my Criminal justice class final and got a 94%

10. i have one final and an essay to do and im done, so im pretty much chillin right now.

11. #11 ElendGold, May 4, 2009
    I think College and University are mixed in the US? Amirite?

Anyway, I'm in University - Just killed my History of USA A- and B+ in History of China!

Elend.

P.S. We hate them, but once we're done with good grades, nothing can make you prouder :smoke:

12. I took my Earth Sciences final last week and did pretty damn well on it and that was the only class I had a hard time in.

Now I have three more finals, two that I'm not worried about at all, and one where I have to write a 4-5 page paper, and then go in on Wednesday, watch some clips of African films and be able to name the country of origin, director, year produced, themes and styles.... fun stuff, shouldn't be too too hard though and I already got an A- on my midterm for that African Film class

BUT I do have summer classes all summer long so I really only have about 2 weeks off after this semester ends

13. I still have two finals, one tomorrow. :( Haven't started studying for it, been distracted by this forum...

14. yea, college and university are used pretty much interchangeably here

15. college=no graduate school
    university=with graduate school

might be wrong though...

16. that might be true in other countrys, not sure.

but here in the mutha fuckin US, we use college and university almost interchangeably. its mostly a linguistic thing, whatever sounds better.

17. haha i'm in the US, but as Americans we do use them interchangeably. But now I'm pretty sure there is a difference between College and University in the U.S. also.

What is the Difference Between a College and a University?

"...in the US, a college refers to a four year advanced education only, and an institution which does not have the accreditation to offer more than a bachelor's degree. College may also be restricted by its modifiers. For example, a technical college may offer Associate of Arts degrees or certification in certain fields only. A junior college or community college also offers a variety of A.A. degrees and certification programs."

18. #18 zoranj, May 4, 2009

the easiest explanation of difference between college and university is as follows:

If you go to a college, it's just one college that offers various degrees.
    A university is generally much larger, and made up of multiple colleges, for example will have a school of busines, school of liberal arts, school of fine arts, et cetera.

But, academically speaking, they're pretty much the same. Shit, some of the most prestigious institutions in America are colleges. Dartmouth for example, or the entire undergraduate section of Harvard is Harvard College.

Anyway, back on task...

I have no final exams. :yay: I just have one easy paper left to write where I gotta analyze an act of an opera, and I have vocal adjudication. As of Wednesday, I'll be completely done with my undergraduate career. :D Fuck yeah.