College education

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by TedddyBear, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Well thank the above bot for roping me into this old thread but essentially all student loans are government loans.

This is the primary reason why the cost of tuition skyrocketed over the past twenty years....Once the government agreed to guarantee student loans issued by banks, private lenders no longer cared about credit worthiness, this trickled down to the colleges that said, well shit, kids have money, lets raise tuition....rinse and repeat.

The US govt owns like 90% of all student loan debt. You can draw similar parallels to the housing boom of 08 and banks issuing NINJA loans

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I went into the Army then college under the GI Bill. Is that not an option anymore?

3. there probably is...but you most likely also have to identify as transgender to get it. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. #25 maylaa, Aug 2, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    It's better to write colleges and ask about their scholarships. When I was searching through different colleges and found Universal Technical Institute reviews. I really liked this university and contacted their admission for more info. There I also found out about their scholarships.

5. I would suggest a pause after high school, or until the alleged student knows for sure what they want to take & not just sex, drugs, & rock N roll like me. It could save a small fortune for the kids parents that R gonna wash out if they go too early.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yup. gotta experience life before you know how you want to live it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #28 Dahtasnaby, Aug 21, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    When I was considering college, I faced the same dilemma about student loans. It's a big decision, and the cost can be daunting. But remember, supporting your sister's dreams is incredible!In my case, I found collegeranker.com to be super helpful. It provided valuable insights into colleges and financial options, which eased my worries. Personally, I leaned toward federal loans due to their flexibility and lower interest rates. But each situation is unique, so weigh the pros and cons.Ultimately, it's about finding the right fit for your journey.