College Drug Test

Discussion in 'General' started by Krimble, May 6, 2014.

1. Hey everyone! :) I'm currently taking a machining class at my local community college in Canada. My teacher said that we are all getting a urine test for drugs tomorrow, to go to our 2 week job attachment.(Which is in 4 weeks). 

I'm not sure if he was joking or not, could they do that? If so, At least half of my class would fail it.
    I personally only smoke at nights or mostly week-ends, never when working around machinery or anything dangerous like that.

Just wondering if anyone heard of a public school doing this, thanks guys!  :smoke:

2. If it's a joke, it's a pretty good one. :laughing:

I think I read somewhere or heard from someone (probably here on GC) that pre-employment drug testing is considered discrimination in Canada. Whether that's true, I have no idea. But I'd guess that if you were actually getting tested, they wouldn't have surprised you with this information last minute. Schools want you to succeed.

did you read the paperwork you signed to take the class?

4. #4 lFourTwenty, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014

Pretty sure drug tests are common in Canada for people who work with heavy machinery

Edit: It would have also been in the paperwork for the class he signed up for

5. Thanks for the opinion fella's! Really appreciate it, I have been ripped off of some new Kush all week, same routine tonight, high as a kite!  :smoking:

I'm not worrying about it anymore. We talked to students from last year and they haven't been tested. It's not like I am in a sports team anyways. 

6. I bet I can pass a college drug test. Ask me a typical question.

7. Well it turns out my teacher was just fucking with us, had like 3/4 of the class sketching out, haha.  :laughing:

What a dick, about to blaze some new Kush, so it's all good.  :smoke:

8. Haha I wonder if a ton of those students thought about dropping out after hearing that 

9. If he keeps telling jokes like that,the teacher may find himself in a class of 1 lol

10. Haha lucky you. Here in Murika I have to get tested before every job assignment I get sent off to. Possibly hair tests :( We had a good run weed