College Dresser Grow - Mazar-i-Sharif

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stewie21, Apr 3, 2009.

1. #1 stewie21, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    Veggin for OD

Hey yall, finally got my medical card so i decided to start growing for myself legally ;) I'm growing one mazar seedling in a dresser for about a month then planting outside at my house.

Started off with one mazar seedling on the windowsill when i noticed it was stretching quite a bit, and decided to get a couple cfls and a fan so i could do this at least semi-legit.

Current setup: 2 27w daylight CFLs, a 6" oscillating fan, Miracle Grow moisture control soil, stealthified dresser

Yea the soil kinda sucks but the native soil around here is bullshit and i had a bag of the MG so i flushed it out a couple times before i planted the seed, so hopefully it'll work fine.

I did notice that the new leaves were a little crumpled/curly, is this bad and is there anything that could be causing this?

OK thanks ya'll now some pics. First one is before getting the cfls and fan, the next two is the setup and the last is a closeup of the wrinkly leaves. Comment please! +reps for helpful replies!!!! peace

Attached Files:

2. #2 stewie21, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Day 8: (from seedling breaking surface)
    I repotted into an opaque container cuz i read somewhere that light is bad for the roots :eek:

I also read that the MG moisture control has drainage issues, so i went about half MG and half sandy native soil for the new mix, and hopefully drainage will be good now.

pics

Attached Files:

3. #3 stewie21, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    Day 9: felt like uploading some pics. cotelydons turned mostly yellow.

Attached Files:

4. Day 11: Got my 30X jeweler's loupe in the mail today, so i took a couple pics w/the lens over my webcam for some decent macros. Seedling is looking good!

Attached Files:

5. Looks like a pretty good start man. I'm a little ways ahead of you.
    Not sure what the yellowing of the cotelydons is however :/

6. looks good man!

7. Day 13:

Started to get some yellowing between the leaf margins and after research found out it was probably magnesium deficiency. To remedy the situation I went to the local drugstore, got some Epsom Salts, and mixed 1/2 TSP per gallon of water and gave the plant a little drink. I also poured some of the solution into the spray bottle and gave her a nice misting.

Attached Files:

8. Nice start. Let us know how the epsom works out. Only use abou 1/4 tsp per gallon though.

good luck!

9. I didn't water it with much, that's just the ratio I used -- cantharis says 1 TSP per gal works, and somewhere else i read that 1/4 TSP is where it's at, so i split the difference on the low end and didn't give the plant a lot. So hopefully it'll work OK... :)

10. Day 15:So the plant responded very well to the magnesium treatment, greened right up and started throwing out a bunch of leaves.

Here's a pic from yesterday, about 24 hours after being misted and watered with the epsom salt solution.

Attached Files:

11. I believe its gonna be really hard to grow in that small of a space. Do you plan on putting it somewhere else? Don't you have a closet in your dorm?

And even with a "medical card" is it allowed to grow weed in your dorm?

12. Dale if you read my first post it says she's gonna be transplanted to outside after a month, so i shouldn't have issues with space or smell.

I'm not growing in a university dorm either, its an apartment off campus but the setup is much like a typical dorm. I have people over all the time so i had to go stealth

13. I looked for something like that but I guess I missed it.

So it ISN'T a dorm grow, its an apartment grow, but it isn't an apartment grow, its an outdoor grow????
    Doesn't any "legality" of the plant vanish if you plant it outdoors? I assume you are planting on land that isn't yours at all or that you are just renting? If you're planting it outside, why not just do it now? But if you're allowed to grow it, why not keep it inside and make a cab or something for your closet?

14. Dorm-like apartment grow that will eventually become an outdoor grow lol

I'm gonna plant it in my garden amongst the tomatoes after i drive back home for the summer, yea it's technically illegal to have it outside but it's only one plant and i want it to grow as big as possible.

The mazar does much better outside than inside, my buddy i got the seed from pulled almost 2 lbs off of a 6 month old outdoor mazar he harvested in late Oct (in 26deg weather!! These babies are crazy) compared to maybe 4oz inside with a good setup. Plus sun is free!!!! :)

15. 2lbs from one plant? after only 6 months? that cant be right....

But yeah, the sun is definitely the most powerful bulb you could find!Good luck buddy, for now I'm gonna keep my grow at college INDOORS.

16. yea, he had it in his garden at his house and could water/care for it basically every single day. Got 29 oz dry. I helped him occasionally so i learned a little from that and a lot from GC. It's crazy what can be done with the right conditions, green thumb and a little bit of work

GL with your grow bro! :smoke:

17. #17 DaleGribble, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    yeah, you can take care of a plant much more easily INDOORS too.

But 29oz dry from one plant after 6months? Outdoors? I just WON'T believe that until I see it with my eyes. That would be substantially larger than any harvest from a single plant I've ever even read of.

Not trying to be an ass, I just think a wire is crossed somewhere here.

18. Day 18:
    Hey guys, gave her a nice drink today and she perked up and within hours. That was kinda cool to see.

picssss

Attached Files:

19. looks nice man, VERY squat.

20. Yea, I've had literally less than an inch of vertical growth in 2.5 weeks :confused:.
    Took a pic of the node spacing and the first fan leaf that decided to only have 2 leaves... the other side's fan leaf looks almost exactly the same except there is a little runt 3rd leaf instead of nothing lol, strange little plant

I plan to do a fim after the next (4th??) node

Attached Files: